5-Course Avant-American Tasting Event
Opened in August, 2021 on Greenville Avenue, this super seasonal and highly creative American small plates eatery and cocktail bar has made its way onto a brace of “Best Of” lists, including Thrillist’s “Absolute Best Spots" (2022), Dallas Magazine’s “Top 50 Best Restaurants” (2023), and Eater’s “38 Essential Dallas Restaurants” (2023). Chef/Owner Taylor Rause, a North Carolina native, is turning out splendidly inventive fare with even more splendidly inventive names like Crepes & Ceps (sauteed porcini, lion’s mane and oyster mushrooms with fennel-tarragon slaw, hazelnuts, and cold brew porcini brodo), Release the Quack-en (citrus-brined duck, charred leeks, strawberry boshi, pomegranate vinaigrette, pistachio), and Corn-u-Copia (cabrito, Oaxacan green corn tamale, huitlacoche, bloody butcher grits, sweet yellow corn ice cream, and blue corn tortilla strips). Just as intriguing are desserts like Sauerkraut Cake (dark chocolate, sauerkraut, brandied cherries, and salted white chocolate ganache) and Straw-Barry Manilow Cheesecake (strawberry diplomat cream, pink peppercorn cardamom crust). “A bold, compelling new restaurant,” raves Dallas Morning News. So, naturally, we are primed to visit!
About the Host:
Hailing from Raleigh, North Carolina, Chef Taylor Rause graduated from Appalachian State with a degree in business and hospitality management. A former sous chef for North Carolina Raleigh Times and also Siti, he now serves as Executive Chef at Rye.
Courses #1 - #4 will be served family style. Course #5 will be individually plated.
Roasted Local Vegetables
rainbow carrot, beet, swiss chard, burnt miso, chèvre, pepita, spiced honey butter
Octopus & Monkfish Coconut Curry
coconut milk, thai red curry, crispy yucca root, garlic, crispy risotto, thai basil
cabrito, oaxacan green corn tamale, huitlacoche, bloody butcher corn grits, sweet yellow corn ice cream, blue corn tortilla
Suya Spiced Wagyu Short Rib
african chili, peanut spice, cauliflower, cherry tomato, charred honey
Sauerkraut & Dark Chocolate Cake
brandied cherry, salted white chocolate ganache, swiss meringue, coffee
1920 Greenville Ave
Dallas, TX 75206
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- Can I bring guests who are not members to this event?
- Yep! Members are able to purchase up to 3 guest tickets to this event (based on availability). However, guest tickets are $20 more than member tickets ($85 + tax/tip), and guests will not be allowed entry to the event unless they're accompanied by a member.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible. If applicable however, please email [email protected] with your needs to ensure proper accommodations.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, parking is available through their private lot and/or garage.