6-Course Modern Locavore Dinner Event
Imagine strolling into a beautiful old Victorian home (the historic Haynes-DeLashwah House, built in 1890) and encountering an atmosphere so convivial and food so memorable that you can hardly believe your eyes. That pretty much sums up the experience of visiting Rosewood in East Austin, which opened just a year ago. Belying its über-cozy environment, however, Rosewood is not risk-averse when it comes to culinary challenges. “I developed Rosewood’s menu to be simultaneously familiar and surprising,” says Executive Chef and Owner Jesse DeLeon, who uses indigenous ingredients to create unexpected interpretations of childhood favorites and inventive homages to coastal dishes and regional food staples. That translates to transmogrifications of old favorites like shrimp jambalaya, fried chicken, barbacao, and fried green tomatoes. We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef DeLeon, a Texas native who has cooked at Vespaio, Zoot, and Geraldine’s in the Hotel Van Zandt, will be on hand to answer your questions and share his personal journey.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
A graduate of the University of Texas and the New England Culinary Institute, Chef DeLeon developed his mastery of contemporary French cuisine at the Windsor Court in New Orleans before returning to his native Texas to work at such Austin institutions as Zoot and Vespaio. He opened Rosewood, his first solo venture, in May 2018.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
with crema, chochoyotes, and pickled onion
Bourbon-Aged Beef Tenderloin Carpaccio
with aged cheddar, purslane, and quinoa crackers
Sopa de Conchas
with tomato-braised pasta shells, chili oil, and avocado
with sweet corn mash, black garlic mole, and masa crust
Confit Pork Ribs
with "suon khia" glaze, broken rice, and hausbar herbs
with warm bourbon sauce, vanilla bean ice cream, and horchata whipped cream
1209 Rosewood Ave
Austin, TX 78702
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for dairy allergies. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.