5-Course Modern Arabian Tasting Event
Opened in March of 2020, this Arabian street corner bakery in the heart of the Mission District has emerged as an eatery of such distinction that it has landed on Eater’s 2023 list of “38 Essential SF Restaurants” and Infatuation’s list of “Essential Must-Visit Restaurants in SF of 2023.” It is the brainchild of Palestinian-Syrian Chef/Owner Reem Assil, a 2022 James Beard Finalist for Outstanding Chef West. Her protégée, Chef de Cuisine Diana Aguirre, will be supervising the kitchen for our event, and frequently turns out quintessential versions of omnipresent foods like falafel, hummus, and labneh, transforming them into genuine revelations. Oh, and have we mentioned that the breads are to die for? “Incredible…there really is no way to order wrong here,” raves Infatuation. And you won’t have to order because a curated menu awaits you! We are really looking forward to this event, and to hearing more about Middle Eastern culinary traditions.
About the Host:
Chef de Cuisine
The protégée of Two-Time James Beard Nominee Chef Reem Assil, Chef Diana Aguirre was born in Guanajuato, Mexico and migrated to Napa, CA as a child. After studying culinary arts at Diablo Valley College, she worked at several concepts before joining the Reem’s team.
Courses #1 - #4 will be served family-style. Course #5 will be individually-plated.
Hummus Meze & Fresh Pita
chickpea, tahini, lemon, garlic, sumac
Street Style Falafel
chickpea, micro cilantro, tahini puree, micro mint, sumac
Seasonal Farmers' Fattoush
apple, arugula, little gems, red onion, watermelon radish, petite pea greens, pita chips, pomegranate vinaigrette
Musakan & Fresh Bread
sumac cured confit chicken, caramelized onion puree, mustard greens, arugula, pickled red onion
shredded phyllo, oaxacan cheese, pistachios, blossom syrup
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will do our best to accommodate requests for separate tables, assuming the space allows for them. Savory courses will be served family-style, with dessert individually plated. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
2901 Mission St
San Francisco, CA 94110
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for dairy, soy, vegetarian, alliums, and garlic. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.