5-Course Creative Catalan Tasting Event
Consider the potato. A humble thing, to be sure. At least, that’s what The Infatuation’s restaurant reviewer Julia Chen thought until she visited Red Window, a just-over-a-year-old tapas restaurant in Little Italy with an Art Nouveau look. “It’s not every day that we come across a potato dish that brings literal tears to our eyes,” wrote Chen. “If you want to experience it too, book a table here, stat.” The wizard behind Red Window is Executive Chef/Owner Adam Rosenblum, a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America who worked as sous chef at New Orleans’ acclaimed Herbsaint and then at the popular Flour + Water in The Mission. In 2014, he opened Causwell’s, the European-inspired bistro in The Marina, and now at Red Window he is expressing his love of Spanish cuisine with marvelously inventive tapas. “The flavors are true to their origin, while pairing interesting touches of flavor and technique that give it a unique Red Window touch,” says Forbes. No wonder Thrillist named Red Window to its list of “The Best Restaurants in San Francisco Right Now.”
About the Host:
Hailing from Silver Spring, Maryland, Chef Adam Rosenblum’s restaurant career began at age 15, followed by formal training at the Culinary Institute of America. After graduating, Rosenblum moved to New Orleans to work alongside Chef Donald Link at his renowned French Creole restaurant, Herbsaint where he worked his way up to become sous chef. He then led culinary teams at restaurants in Arkansas, New Jersey, and Maryland, followed by a move to San Francisco in July 2013 to serve as a sous chef at the acclaimed restaurant Flour + Water. In 2014, Rosenblum was tapped to open Causwells, and following his success there, opened Red Window in March 2021.
Each course will be served family-style with either 2 or 3 portions/plate depending on the number of guests you are bringing with you to the event (i.e. if you are attending with one guest, you will be served two portions/plate). Solo attendees will receive individually-plated courses.
Chilled Octopus Terrine
with romesco, onion puree, olive, and potato
with bravas sauce and aioli
with squid, marinated clam, and chorizo
Braised Spanish Pork
with white beans and herb sauce
with salted caramel sauce
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
500 Columbus Ave
San Francisco, CA 94133
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, if you plan on purchasing beverages during the event, make sure to bring cash.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for celiacs and those with aversions to alliums. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. As per this restaurant’s policy, as well as local guidelines, we will not be requiring proof of COVID vaccination from attendees to gain entry.