6-Course Authentic Russian Dinner Event
Every restaurant has a story, but Red Tavern in Richmond’s quirky Little Moscow district has an especially affecting one. Its original owner, Irina Litvak, immigrated from Russia to San Francisco in 1988, bringing along her three-year-old son Igor. Irina opened several restaurants, including Flying Pig Bistro and a Treasure Island banquet hall called Danilov, and then, in 2011, she opened Red Tavern, her most personal effort, which immediately became a neighborhood favorite. But in 2017, Irina died suddenly at the age of 52, and Igor, then living in New York, resolved to continue his mother’s legacy. That legacy has everything to do with serving comforting, high-quality food in a warm and intimate environment, thanks to Chef Dina Schpak, who stepped into take over Irina's kitchen. “This is where to come to find Russian classics,” says Thrillist, pointing to signature dishes like borsch, blinis, pelmeni (Siberian veal or chicken dumplings), and beef stroganoff, all prepared as authentically and meticulously as Irina would have wished. We will be taking over Red Tavern for this event, and Chef Schpak will be on hand to reminisce about her friend and bring you into the distinctive world of Russian cuisine.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
Chef Schpak began her culinary journey in her family’s kitchen in Odessa, Ukraine. Her grandfather was a professional baker and her grandmother was a renowned caterer. Emigrating to the US in the 1980s, she opened Red Tavern with her business partner Irina Litvak in 2011, taking over the kitchen when Litvak died in 2017.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
thin crepes with salmon caviar, smoked fish, and vegetables
russian-style stuffed meat mini-dumplings served with sour cream
with sour cabbage, pickles, potatoes, carrots, and creamy vinaigrette
sauteed beef stew with mushrooms and cream sauce and served with kasha
juicy chicken cutlets served with mashed potatoes
stacked cake comprised of delicate layers of pastry and vanilla cream
2229 Clement St, San Francisco, CA 94121
San Francisco, CA 94121
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except gluten allergies. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.