5-Course East Meets West Tasting Event
Newly opened this past July, Red Feather (just a block south of Washington Square Park) combines Southeast Asian cuisine with classic French cooking techniques. Chef Pia Gervacio, who was born in Manila, has had a decade of top-flight restaurant experience, including stints at Jean-Georges and Dan Barber's Blue Hill and then at New York City Michelin-starred restaurants Public SoHo and Rouge Tomate Chelsea, where she was executive sous chef. At Red Feather, she is turning out dishes like salt & pepper cauliflower poppers, soy caramel wings with garlic and star anise, grilled lemongrass chicken, branzino a la plancha with arugula and citrus-herb sauce, and crispy pork belly in coconut milk with anchovy and long beans. (As for dessert, Gotham calls Red Feather's ube lava cake with coconut custard "life-changing.”) We are so looking forward to experiencing Chef Gervacio's cooking and hearing about her life's journey and the delights of Filipino cuisine.
About the Host:
Hailing from Manila, Chef Pia Gervacio graduated from the Enderun Colleges, training in Chef Alain Ducasse's methods. She began her career at Public Restaurant, rising through the ranks to become Chef de Tournant. After stints at two Michelin-starred restaurants Jean-Georges and Blue Hill, she joined Michelin-starred Rouge Tomate, where she worked her way up to Executive Sous Chef. In 2022, she became Executive Chef at Red Feather.
Courses #1 - #4 will be served family-style. Course #5 will be individually-plated.
Bamboo Salad with Crispy Tofu
soy-garlic sauce, green beans, lotus chips
Rose Udon with King Oyster Mushroom
Korean red pepper paste, miso, seaweed
gochusam butter, bulgogi sauce
Crispy Pork Belly
cane vinegar, black peppercorn, garlic
Yuzu Layer Cheesecake
yuzu curd, crème fraiche
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Savory courses will be served family-style, with dessert individually plated. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
82 W 3rd St
New York, NY 10012
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, if you plan on purchasing beverages during the event, make sure to bring cash.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with celiac (gluten sensitive can be accommodated). Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. As per this restaurant’s policy, as well as local guidelines, we will not be requiring proof of COVID vaccination from attendees to gain entry.