5-Course Homage to Hong Kong Tasting Event
Opened in 2019, this Hong Kong-style eatery in Columbia Heights (which has been twice-honored with a Michelin Bib Gourmand) managed to survive the pandemic. How? By serving food so good that it has made a host of “Best Of” lists, including Washingtonian’s “100 Very Best Restaurants,” (2023), Thrillist’s “Best Restaurants in D.C.” (2023) and Washington Post critic Tom Sietsema’s “Best DC Restaurants” (2022). Chef/Owner Henji Cheung is a Hong Kong native who moved to Brooklyn when he was eight. After graduating from Johnson & Wales University, he entered the restaurant world at the very top, cooking at the fabled Balthazar and the Ritz-Carlton Hotel. With his wife, Sarah Thompson, he has made Queen’s English a destination for diners who get to savor dishes like cumin lamb tartare with cheddar popcorn, anchovy salt, and quail egg, tofu and truffle dumplings, drunken duck noodles with hot chili, sour cabbage, corn, tofu, and scallion, and Chinese cauliflower with sunflower seeds, pickled raisins, and curry bagna cauda. “DC’s coolest new dining room conjures a chef’s Hong Kong childhood” is how Washingtonian describes Queen’s English, and we couldn’t have said it better ourselves!
About the Host:
Born in Hong Kong, Chef Henji Cheung moved with his family to Brooklyn when he was eight years old. After graduating from Johnson & Wales Univeristy with a degree in Applied Sciences & Culinary Arts, he cut his teeth at NYC's acclaimed Balthazar (NYC) before opening his first restaurant, Olana, with Chef and mentor Al di Meglio. In 2019, he opened Queen's English.
Courses #1 - #4 will be served family style. Course #5 will be individually plated.
orange, sesame, aromatic oil
sunflower seed, pickled raisin, curry, bagna cauda
Tofu & Truffle Dumpling
edamame, shallot, corn espuma
mapo octopus, bonito
Housemade Ice Cream
blueberry sauce, fortune cookie crumble
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will do our best to accommodate requests for separate tables, assuming the space allows for them. Savory courses will be served family style, with dessert individually plated. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
3410 11th St NW
Washington, DC 20010
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, there is a nearby parking garage, as well as street parking available. Parking is not validated.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with dairy, gluten, soy, vegetarian, raw fish, shellfish, nut/seeds, mushroom, alliums, or garlic restrictions. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.