5-Course American Izakaya Tasting Event
Chef-Owner Clay Greenberg, whose SILO is a popular fixture on the Nashville eating scene, conceived of this Sylvan Park eatery, opened in December 2021, as an “American izakaya”—in other words, a great place to hang out. Greenberg grew up in Oklahoma City, whose renowned Asian District boasts some of the best dim sum, sushi, pho, and ramen in the country, and when he set out to create an Asian restaurant, he enlisted the help of old friend and veteran chef Tony Patton. “Tony was the obvious choice,” says Chef Greenberg. “His love of Asian foods and his knowledge of fish butchery and sushi is second to none in Nashville.” Punk Wok’s inventive menu is divided into three parts: Cold (seaweed salad, Japanese potato salad), Hot (cumin-chili scented lamb on skewers, pimento cheese-stuffed Crab Rangoon) and Wok (Hunan beef stir-fry, Jiang-song chicken or tofu). There’s also a separate sushi menu and vegan dishes throughout. Did we mention the cool décor with bold murals and a mosaic behind the bar made up of thousands of mahjong tiles? Punk Wok is a unique environment, and we look forward to experiencing it with you.
About the Host:
Executive Chef Tony Patton is originally from Akron, Ohio, but has lived in Nashville close to 40 years. Chef/Owner Clay Greenberg and Chef Patton first worked together back in 2001 and have collaborated on many restaurant projects since. Together, they have worked at Sasso, Mambu, 6º, Easy’s, Virago, LIME, Whiskey Kitchen, Local Taco, and SILO.
All courses will be individually plated.
three pieces of raw japanese turbot
spicy tuna and cucumber roll topped with hamachi, avocado, negi, togarashi, and ponzu
Sichuan Street Noodles
homemade egg noodles with dumpling sauce and chili oil
red curry mussels with shrimp, scallops, vegetables, potatoes gailan, coconut broth, basil, cilantro, and lime
Vietnamese Coffee Cake
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, we will not be requiring attendees to show proof of vaccination at the door to gain entry.
4101 Charlotte Ave suite G-20
Nashville, TN 37209
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant’s own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $75 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with aversions to alliums or seafood. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.