5-Course Honoring Mexican Heritage Tasting Event
Opened just this past August from the folks who gave you The Crunkelton (which Axios dubbed Queen City’s #1 hottest bar) this Oaxacan-style eatery in Elizabeth jumped right onto Eater’s List of “Hottest in Charlotte.” Executive Chef RJ Corley presides over a menu that ranges from elevated street food to complex entrees. Consider the yellowtail ceviche, the lamb birria empanadas, the pork belly chicharron, tacos that range from rock shrimp to braised beef tongue to chicken tinga and beyond, and mains like mole chicken and chipotle short ribs. (Don’t forget the churros and quatro leches cake for dessert!) You’ll love the look of this place too, with its geometric tiled arches, handwoven chairs, and whitewashed brick. As the weather cools, our appetites long for the cuisine of warm weather countries, and Puerta delivers. Hope to see you there!
About the Host:
Chef RJ Corley is a graduate of Johnson & Wales University. After some years away from Queen City, during which he worked for Stephen Starr in Philly, worked with Chef Laurent Tourondel in Chicago, trained under Chef Mathieu Palombino at NYC, and worked in the Catskills at The Debruce (one of Esquire Mag's and CN Traveler's best restaurants in the country), he returned in 2022 to begin planning and opening Puerta.
All courses will be plated individually. For this event’s dietary restriction accommodation policy, see the Event FAQs below.
Avocado Mousse Tostada
deconstructed guacamole, chapulin salted tostada
yellowtail, citrus jus, chili
braised pork shank, hominy, radish, chili broth
Pato Con Mole Rojo
duck confit, spanish rice, heirloom corn tortilla
dulce de leche custard, agave caramel, sea salt
1961 E 7th St
Charlotte, NC 28204
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- Can I bring guests who are not members to this event?
- Yep! Members are able to purchase up to 3 guest tickets to this event (based on availability). However, guest tickets are $20 more than member tickets ($85 + tax/tip), and guests will not be allowed entry to the event unless they're accompanied by a member.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible. If applicable however, please email [email protected] with your needs to ensure proper accommodations.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, parking is available through their private lot and/or garage.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.