2nd Seating: Nouveau Peruvian Dinner Series
Simply put, Peruvian cuisine is remarkable. Here is a country that boasts 3,000 varieties of potatoes, celebrates a glorious tradition of ceviche, and regards guinea pig as a delicacy -- worry not though; there won't be any guinea pig on our menu! Chef Carlos Moreira, who previously honed his skills in a bunch of the Bay Area's most lauded Michelin-starred restaurants (see his bio below), opened Pucquio in Oakland in 2013, and it quickly became a genuine food destination. Chef Moreira creates a casual and inviting atmosphere in which diners get to discover dishes that hearken back to Peru’s exciting and diverse street food. Think fried plantains, lomo saltado, the classic Chinese-influenced beef stir-fry, and, of course, lots of ceviche. Oakland Magazine calls a visit to Pucquio “one of the best nights out the East Bay has to offer.” We’ll be taking over the entire restaurant for this event (it’s tiny!) and Chef Moreira will be coming out of the kitchen throughout the evening to educate us about Peruvian food and take your questions.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Upon moving to the Bay Area from his native Peru, Chef Moreira first honed his craft at Jardinière under the legendary chef Traci des Jardins. He then went on to cook at several of the city's most acclaimed Michelin-starred restaurants in The Fifth Floor and Cafe Majestic before breaking out on his own with Pucquio.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Cebiche Mixto De Carretilla
ceviche of squid, spot prawn, and fish with "leche de tigre blanca"
Tartara De Atun de Huando
albacore tuna tartare with mandarin, rocoto, and honey
five-spice poussin with aji panca and crispy potato
Chitilla Al Ajo
crispy skin whole fish with garlic cream, crispy parsley, and garlic chips
Medallon De Cerdo
marinated pork loin with pork shoulder beignet
Assorted Shortbread Sandwiches
with lavender cream and purple corn reduction
5337 College Ave
Oakland, CA 94618
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.