6-Course Upscale Comfort Dinner Event
Chicago-born Alberto Gonzalez, Provision’s Executive Chef/Co-Owner, has a mile-long resume that includes stints at the Windy City’s Wolfgang Puck’s, Spago, Ricky Bayless’s Topolobampo, and the world-class, Michelin-rated Spiagga, as well as Austin establishments like Red’s Porch, Jacoby’s, and Grizzelda’s. He opened Provision in the Quarry this past October with a mission: to offer Austin diners “approachable” food. His deeply comforting menu includes impeccably prepared renditions of old favorites like shrimps and grits, beer-brined, twice-fried lollipop chicken wings served with buffalo sauce and blue cheese, short ribs quesadillas, and farro bowls with braised beef, veggies, kimchi, and a six-minute egg. Austin Eater promptly responded by placing Provision, with its midcentury/modern vibe, on its list of “11 Hottest Restaurants in Austin, January 2020.” We will be taking over Provision for our event, and Chef Gonzalez will be in and out of the kitchen to answer your questions and discuss what “approachable” food means to him.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
A Chicago native, Chef Gonzalez moved to Austin in September 2012 for the thriving food scene and killer weather. A 17-year veteran of such Chicago institutions as Rick Bayless’s Topolobampo, Spago, Ambria, and the Michelin-starred Spiaggia, he spent time in Austin's Jacoby’s Restaurant & Mercantile, NXNW Brewing Co. and its sister restaurant Red’s Porch before opening Provision in October 2019 with his wife Poeta.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
with brisket, pork sage sausage, pink peppercorn aioli, and house fermented hot sauce
with wheat beer, shallot, herbs, cream, butter, and baguette
with bibb lettuce, buttered crouton, charred cherry tomato, whipped ricotta, texas honey, grapefruit, and shallot lemon vinaigrette
with celery root puree, watercress mint nage, and sweet corn ash
with frisse meyer lemon salad, parsley mint mojo, and carrot mousse
Bourbon Brooklyn Blackout Cake
4200-B, W Braker Ln
Austin, TX 78759
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- The chef will be unable to accommodate vegetarians at this event. For other allergies or special diets, please note that accommodations can only be made if you Update Your Dietary Restrictions or email us at [email protected] no less than 72 hours before the event.