Prather's on the Alley
DAY 1: 6-Course Globally Inspired Dinner Series
First of all, we absolutely love the space. Exposed brick walls, exposed beams, an industrial look that still manages to feel warm and light—it’s all expertly rendered and sets the stage for food that is equally expertly rendered. Executive Chef Tim Ma, who has opened a brace of restaurants in the DC area, including Maple Ave, Water & Wall, Chase the Submarine, and Kyirisan, is featuring global-inspired cuisine in this year-old Mount Vernon Triangle eatery. There are small plates like steak tartare, roasted beet velouté with ricotta and savory “granola,” and white lentil hummus with pickled red onion, almond-hazelnut dukkah, and lemon vinaigrette. Bigger appetites will find sustenance in larger plates like crab linguini, roasted monkfish, and Cheshire pork loin with red mole, roasted baby artichokes, and garlic mousseline. All around, this is just a lovely place to sit, relax, and enjoy outstanding food. We will be taking over Prather’s On the Alley for this event, and Chef Ma will be on hand to answer your questions and discuss the thinking that goes into pleasing sophisticated palates.
About the Host:
After a brief career in electrical engineering, Chef Ma decided that his real passion was cooking and enrolled in the French Culinary Institute in NYC. Upon graduating, he staged at the legendary Momofuku Ko before moving to Virginia to open a handful of his own restaurants: Maple Ave, Water & Wall, Chase the Submarine and Kyrisan. He joined the team at Prather's on the Alley in November 2019 as Executive Chef.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
with endive, speck, pickled shallots, brûléed grapefruit, ash goat cheese, and honey black pepper vinaigrette
Roasted Bone Marrow
with citrus salad, fine herbs, and miso
with caramelized endive, holland leek, charred grapefruit, salsify puree, and burnt cream
with brown butter emulsion, kohlrabi, and tasso ham
La Belle Farms Duck Breast
with baby beets, smoked parsnip puree, tart cherry and duck jus, and pine nut
Mango and Chili Napoleon
with mango mousse, puff pastry, and ancho chili sugar
Prather's on the Alley
455 I St NW
Washington, DC 20001
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, the chef will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies. Please note that accommodations can only be made if you Update Your Dietary Restrictions or email us at [email protected] no less than 72 hours before the event.