6-Course Modern Live-Fire Dinner Event
Welcome to the new Mission eatery of Chef Anthony Strong, former culinary mastermind of the Delfina Restaurant Group. Prairie first opened in October 2018 with the intent of serving diners “new school" Italian cuisine, meaning a mix of traditional and non-traditional offerings. But in the last year, Strong has followed his Idahoan roots to focus his creativity on the glories of open-fire, grillhouse cooking. Chef Strong “expands the pantry,” as he likes to say, by substituting Korean-style rice cakes in place of gnocchi, for instance, or adding a Calabrian XO sauce” to his pork spareribs. At Prairie, whose name derives from his high school punk rock band, it all comes together. In fact, the Infatuation says, “Once you start eating and realize how good the food is, it all makes sense, and you’ll feel a little mad that you didn’t think of mixing mochi with cured meats a long time ago.” We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Strong, who cut his teeth at New York’s fabled Le Bernadin and who received three Michelin Bib Gourmand citations in a row while cooking in San Francisco, will discuss his journey and his questing food interests.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Chef Strong cut his teeth at New York's revered Le Bernadin before spending over a decade honing his considerable skills as the executive chef and creative director for the Delfina Restaurant Group in San Francisco. Strong branched out on his own to open Prairie in October 2018.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
with radicchio and aged balsamico
"Sour Cream & Onion" Burrata
with grilled bread, lemon oil and sea salt
Charred Savoy Cabbage
with dried scallop butter and herbs
Wood-Oven Chicken "Piccata"
with umeboshi, capers, and red frill mustard greens
Japanese Sweet Potato "Agrodolce"
with burnt scallion creme fraiche and bonito flakes
Dandelion Chocolate Budino
with earl grey cream and noble vinegar caramel
3431 19th St, San Francisco, CA 94110
San Francisco, CA 94110
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.