Day 3: 5-Course Elevated Mediterranean Tasting Series
This Back Bay eatery specializing in superb Mediterranean (with a hint of Italian) food has been around since 2016—but while that's a lifetime in the restaurant business, rest assured Porto is not resting on its laurels. It continues to thrive, earning a place on 2022 “Best Of” lists such as Boston Magazine’s “50 Best Restaurants” and Time Out’s “Best Mediterranean Restaurants.” Executive Chef Amarilys Colon is a protégé of Porto owner Jody Adams, winner of a James Beard “Best Chefs in America” Award. Born in Puerto Rico, Chef Colon joined the Porto team in 2018 as a line cook and worked her way up. Night after night, she expertly turns out the dishes that Porto diners keep returning for, like braised lamb shank with polenta, cipollini onions, and pine nuts, thyme and Meyer lemon-roasted chicken, and the seafood that is its real claim to fame, such as pan-seared scallops and branzino. Leave room too for exceptional desserts like burnt Basque ricotta cheesecake and a quintessential version of tiramisu. Time Out gives Porto five stars, so, really, what more is there to say?
About the Host:
Chef de Cuisine
Haitian Chef Josue Louis graduated from the Culinary Institute of America before honing his craft in the kitchens of Bistro du Midi and Bar Enza, under Michelin-Trained Chef Robert Sisca and James Beard Award-Winning Chef Mark Ladner. He now works closely with Executive Chef Amarilys Colon as Porto's Chef de Cuisine.
Courses #1-#4 will be served family style. Course #5 will be served individually plated.
mozzarella, spring pea pesto, bagna cauda, lemon
Roasted Fennel & Artichoke Salad
snap peas, parmesan, orange honey vinaigrette, capers, pea tendrils, mint
Chitarra & Clams
duxbury butter clam, asparagus, lemon, chili flakes, sea bean, breadcrumbs
australian lamb, charred rosemary yogurt, roasted thyme potato, salsa verde, olive
Mixed Berry Sorbet
rosemary shortbread crumble
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will do our best to accommodate requests for separate tables, assuming the space allows for them. Savory courses will be served family style, with dessert individually plated. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
Ring Rd, Floor 1, Prudential Center
Boston, MA 02199
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, parking is available through the building's garage, and they validate parking for it at a fixed flat rate after 5PM. Parking before 5PM will not be validated.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with dairy, alliums, or garlic restrictions. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.