6-Course Contemporary Indian Dinner Event
Trained as a microbiologist in her native India, Chef Anita Jaisinghani switched from the scientific to the culinary, earning five James Beard Best Chef Southwest nominations in the process. Her two Houston restaurants—Indika and Pondicheri, on West Ave, where Tasting Collective will be holding its first Bayou City event—are enormously popular. Pondicheri is an all-day canteen, offering authentic regional dishes like yam balls spiced with green chile, ginger, and peanuts, lentil-stuffed poori, masala rice pancakes steamed in banana leaves, and the city’s most unusual fried chicken, sprinkled with garam masala and dried mango powder. You’ll love the setting too: an open, industrial space with polished concrete floors and fabulous windows created by a metal artist. Thrillist, naming Pondicheri to its list of “12 Essential Houston Restaurants,” says that the “home-style and Indian street foods make this modern Indian resto one of the city’s top dining destinations.” We will inhabit Pondicheri for the evening, with Chef Jaisinghani coming out from the kitchen to share her stories and her love for her nation’s cuisine.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Chef Jaisinghani's culinary career began as a pastry cook at Houston’s famous Café Annie. From there she went on to open two wildly popular restaurants in Houston: Indika and Pondicheri. She is a five-time James Beard Best Chef Southwest nominee whose restaurants have frequently been listed among Houston's best.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
crimson naan with dips and chutneys
Duck Samosa Chaat
with mint and cilantro yogurt and fig chutney
Chili Roasted Chickpea Cutlet
with local lettuce, pickled radishes, and peanuts
house smoked wild salmon with avocado and mango chutney
pulled lamb shank with maitake mushroom masala
Warm Rose Tapioca Pudding and Chocolate Sev Mithai
2800 Kirby Drive
Houston, TX 77098
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, the chef will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies. Please note that accommodations can only be made if you Update Your Dietary Restrictions or email us at [email protected] no less than 72 hours before the event.