5-Course Contemporary Indian Tasting Event
Trained as a microbiologist in her native India, Chef Anita Jaisinghani switched from the scientific to the culinary, earning five James Beard Best Chef Southwest nominations in the process. Her two Houston restaurants—Indika and Pondicheri, on West Ave, where Tasting Collective will be holding its first Bayou City event—are enormously popular. Pondicheri is an all-day canteen, offering authentic regional dishes like yam balls spiced with green chile, ginger, and peanuts, lentil-stuffed poori, masala rice pancakes steamed in banana leaves, and the city’s most unusual fried chicken, sprinkled with garam masala and dried mango powder. You’ll love the setting too: an open, industrial space with polished concrete floors and fabulous windows created by a metal artist. Thrillist, naming Pondicheri to its list of “12 Essential Houston Restaurants,” says that the “home-style and Indian street foods make this modern Indian resto one of the city’s top dining destinations.” We will inhabit Pondicheri for the evening, with Chef Jaisinghani coming out from the kitchen to share her stories and her love for her nation’s cuisine.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Chef Jaisinghani's culinary career began as a pastry cook at Houston’s famous Café Annie. From there she went on to open two wildly popular restaurants in Houston: Indika and Pondicheri. She is a five-time James Beard Best Chef Southwest nominee whose restaurants have frequently been listed among Houston's best.
Each course will be individually plated.
Spring Green Pea & Herb Samosa
with tomato kasundi
with coconut, lemon, yogurt, ginger, and warm spices
Tandoori Chicken Chaat
with baby romaine, mint and black garbanzo, lentil dumplings in yogurt sauce, cilantro and tamarind chutneys
Sayel Lamb Curry
with onions, tomatoes, cardamom, carrots, ginger, pomegranate pilaf, and cucumber raita
Coconut Caramel Flan
with fresh oranges and pistachio crumble
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per this restaurant's policy, as well as local guidelines, we will not be requiring proof of COVID vaccination from attendees to gain entry.
2800 Kirby Drive
Houston, TX 77098
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $75 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, if you plan on purchasing beverages during the event, make sure to bring cash.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant’s own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.