Pomp & Circumstance
6-Course Macro-Mediterranean Dinner Series
James Ahearn was previously a co-owner and executive chef at the now-departed Verde Wine Bar & Ristorante on Long Island, which was well-reviewed by the Times. In June, he and his wife, Melissa Morales, opened Pomp and Circumstance, a delightful, vest-pocket restaurant in Williamsburg, serving fare that Ahearn describes as “macro-Mediterranean.” By this, he means that the dishes are inspired by all areas of that part of the world, including family favorites that his Turkish-Armenian grandmother taught him how to make. The inventive menu is divided into sections including breads, accompaniments for breads, small plates, larger plates, and cheese. Foie gras liverwurst, bone marrow, and tomato conserva are among those bread pairings, while small plates include poached oysters, dry-aged lamb meatballs, and roasted cauliflower and larger plates lean toward dishes like broccoli rabe pesto fettuccine and rabbit leg. We will be taking over Pomp and Circumstance for the evening, and Chef Ahearn will be on hand to answer your questions and walk you through the foods that he loves to cook.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
Chef Ahearn spent six years as Executive Chef and Partner at the celebrated Verde Wine Bar and Ristorante in Long Island, named one of the Island's best bistros in 2018 by Newsday. He opened Pomp and Circumstance with his wife and partner Melissa Morales in June 2019.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Mediterranean Dips Trio
with pickled squash hummus, herbed chicken gizzards, and bottarga onion dip
with picked summer fruit
with aioli, feta, and za'atar
with leek broth, quinoa, salsa verde, and spinach
Braised Wagyu Beef
with radicchio, cilantro, and potatoes
with crème fraîche and citrus conserva
Pomp & Circumstance
577 Lorimer St
Brooklyn, NY 11211
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Does this restaurant serve alcoholic beverages?
- This restaurant is a BYO establishment, so please feel free to bring your own alcoholic beverages.