Pomp & Circumstance
5-Course Macro-Mediterranean Dinner Event
James Ahearn was previously Executive Chef/Owner at the now-departed Verde Wine Bar & Ristorante on Long Island, which received a gushing review in NY Times. In June 2019, he and his wife, Melissa Morales, opened Pomp & Circumstance, a delightful, vest-pocket restaurant in Williamsburg, serving fare that Ahearn describes as “macro-Mediterranean.” By this, he means that the dishes are inspired by all areas of that part of the world, including family favorites that his Turkish-Armenian grandmother taught him how to make. The inventive menu is divided into sections including breads, accompaniments for breads, small plates, larger plates, and cheese. Foie gras liverwurst, bone marrow, and tomato conserva are among those bread pairings, while small plates include poached oysters, dry-aged lamb meatballs, and roasted cauliflower and larger plates lean toward dishes like broccoli rabe pesto fettuccine and rabbit leg. We'll be taking over Pomp and Circumstance for the evening, and Chef Ahearn will be on hand to answer your questions and walk you through the foods that he loves to cook.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
Chef Ahearn spent six years as Executive Chef and Partner at the celebrated Verde Wine Bar and Ristorante in Long Island, named one of the Island's best bistros in 2018 by Newsday. He opened Pomp and Circumstance with his wife and partner Melissa Morales in June 2019.
Each course will be individually plated.
Duo of Dips
hummus, bottarga and onion, fresh baked pita
with apple, aioli, feta, and za'atar
with tomato, yogurt, frisee, and pomegranate
with calabrian chili, mushrooms, radicchio, and oregano
with salted sesame caramel
Pomp & Circumstance
577 Lorimer St
Brooklyn, NY 11211
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring proof of COVID-19 vaccination (refer to the "what qualifies as valid proof of vaccination" question below for more info on this) and a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, if you plan on purchasing beverages during the event, make sure to bring cash.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $75 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member and all guests must also present proof of full vaccination upon arrival at the event in order to gain entry.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who fail to present proof of full vaccination upon arrival, and/or have not paid the guest ticket surcharge, will not be allowed entry.
- What qualifies as valid proof of vaccination?
- To verify that you are fully vaccinated, and gain entry to the event, you must present to our event lead any one of the following forms of proof: your original physical vaccination card, a clearly legible photo of your original vaccination card, the CLEAR Health Pass App, the Excelsior Pass, or the NYC COVID Safe App. Please note, you will be only be considered “fully vaccinated” if it has been at least 14 days since you've received either (a) a second shot of the Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, or (b) a single shot of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. More questions about this? Check out our COVID-19-Related Event Requirements.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except allium or dairy allergies. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.
- Will this event be hosted indoors or outdoors?
- This event will be hosted indoors, as we will be taking over the entire restaurant for it. The restaurant will be closed to the public, and only fully vaccinated attendees will be allowed entry.