5-Course Modern California-Israeli Tasting Event
Opened in 2020 on Oakland’s Piedmont Avenue, this hybrid modern California-Israeli eatery was named to this year’s Time Out list of “Best Restaurants in Oakland” and Eater’s list of “38 Essential East Bay Restaurants.” Executive Chef/Owner Mica Talmor grew up in Israel, where she attended culinary school and worked in high-end Tel Aviv restaurants before coming to San Francisco in 1998 to attend pastry school at the California Culinary Academy. In 2015, she opened Ba-Bite, a successful fast-casual Israeli restaurant that was featured in Food & Wine before closing due to a rental dispute. At Pomella, Chef Talmor combines impeccably sourced California produce with the traditional flavors of the Middle East, North Africa, the Mediterranean, and Eastern Europe. Here, diners enjoy hot and cold mezze, chicken and vegetable tagine, saffron-roasted cauliflower with spinach and Manchego cheese, cheese-stuffed falafel, and so much more. We are looking forward to our visit to Pomella and to chatting with Chef Talmor, who is bound to have much to say about her native country and its cuisine.
About the Host:
Hailing from Israel, Chef Mica Talmor attended culinary school there and worked in high-end Tel Aviv restaurants before moving to SF in 1998, where she attended pastry school at the California Culinary Academy. After graduating, she worked as a pastry chef at Eos and Grasshopper before opening Savoy Events, a high-end catering company. In 2015, she opened Ba-Bite, followed by Pomella in March 2020.
Courses #1-#4 will be served family style. Course #5 will be plated individually. For this event’s dietary restriction accommodation policy, see the Event FAQs below.
Labne & Hummus
candied kabocha | mushroom
Aguachile & Tahini
sumac scallop aguachile | crispy cauliflower
persimmon, pomegranate, radicchio, dill, stone fruit amba vinaigrette
Quince Glazed Lamb Riblets & Pernod Prawns
yukon gold potato, celeriac mash
Blue Cheese & Date Baklava
3770 Piedmont Ave Unit B
Oakland, CA 94611
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- Can I bring guests who are not members to this event?
- Yep! Members are able to purchase up to 3 guest tickets to this event (based on availability). However, guest tickets are $20 more than member tickets ($85 + tax/tip), and guests will not be allowed entry to the event unless they're accompanied by a member.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, parking is available through their private lot, with nearby street parking also available.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible. If applicable however, please email [email protected] with your needs to ensure proper accommodations.