6-Course Elevated Hill Country Dinner Series
Food doesn’t get fresher than the “Hill Country Cuisine” that is served at this East Austin eatery, with ingredients sourced right from the restaurant’s garden. Chef Max Snyder is an Austin native who has cooked at some of the nation’s finest establishments, including Eleven Madison Park in New York and Coi and Saison in San Francisco. At Pitchfork Pretty, he reimagines traditional Texas dishes with surprising international accents. Think pork belly hash, grilled chicken with fish sauce, and tofu and cabbage stew for those vegetable lovers among us. “Highly original and delicious food,” raves Texas Monthly, which, in 2018, named Pitchfork Pretty one of Austin’s “Ten Best New Restaurants.” You’ll love the open-fire cooking and the fermented vegetable program that turns out fabulous kimchi and more, all served up in a visually arresting environment that is light-filled, modern, and memorable. We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Snyder will be in and out of the kitchen, answering your questions and sharing his food passions.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
An Austin native, Chef Synder cut his culinary teeth by traveling across the US to work in some of the country's best restaurants: from New York's Eleven Madison Park, to San Francisco's Coi and Saison restaurants. He joined the team at Pitchfork Pretty in February 2017.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Duo of Bites
pickled quail egg, crispy leeks, hot paprika | east coast oyster, smoky mignonette
with spicy crab crackers
with honey miso butter
with new potato and tuna confit-bone marrow sauce
with red chile, buttermilk dressing, slaw, and summer salad with crispy grains, roasted tomato, and queso fresco
Duo of Desserts
chocolate and caramel pudding, cheesecake ice cream, toasted sesame | mini marigold slushie, vanilla sorbet, plum, blueberry
2708 E. Cesar Chavez
Austin, TX 78702
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.