6-Course Contemporary Italian Dinner Event
Pisolino’s Executive Chef/Co-Owner James de Marte, a Chicago native, began his career in the best way possible: apprenticing in the kitchen of his Nonna, a celebrated home cook. From there, he went on to The Culinary School of Kendall College, then cut his teeth in San Francisco’s uncompromising AG Ferrari, and further honed his craft and broadened his horizons on a cook’s tour of Italy, which included a stint at the two Michelin-starred Ristorante La Peca in Lonigo. Pisolino (Italian for “nap”), which opened in October of 2016 in Avondale, is acclaimed for its rustic pastas, like orecchiette with spicy sausage and rigatoni with neckbone ragù, its fabulous pizza, and its classic antipasti. Eater has named Pisolino to its list of “The 20 Essential Italian Restaurants in Chicago,” and we will be taking over the premises for our event, hearing from Chef de Marte himself. He will answer your questions and discuss the deliciously idiosyncratic ways that characterize the Italian approach to food.
About the Host:
James De Marte
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
A Chicago native, Chef de Marte grew up helping out in his family's restaurant. He attended The Culinary School of Kendall College, after which he spent time cutting his teeth in San Francisco's uncompromising AG Ferrari. Feeling inspired, he traveled to Italy to hone his craft in kitchens across Vicenza, Verona, and Venice, including time at the 2 Michelin starred Ristorante La Peca. Returning to Chicago, de Marte opened Pisolino as a celebration of all things Italian in 2016.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually. No substitutions or modifications to the menu will be available.
with roasted pepper, artichoke, hearts of palm, basil, mozzarella, red wine vinegar, and olive oil
beef + pork meatballs with mozzarella and sugo pomodoro
with whipped ricotta, roasted garlic, mozzarella, pepperocino, and basil
Rigatoni alla Vodka
Pollo alla Parmigiana
batter-fried chicken with sugo pomodoro, mozzarella, and grana padana
Citrus & Coconut Panna Cotta
2755 W Belmont Ave
Chicago, IL 60618
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- Which dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- The chef will be unable to accommodate attendees with dietary restrictions at this event. No substitutions or modifications to the menu will be available.