5-Course Slavic Roots Tasting Event
Among the world’s great comfort foods, pierogi has earned a vaunted place right at the top. Here, at this Greenpoint eatery, diners enjoy the most authentic Polish pierogi in New York City, courtesy of Chef/Co-owners Radek and Alexandra Kucharski. Radek was born in Poland, while Alexandra grew up in Brooklyn, but both were raised on their grandmothers’ pierogi. Roughly 2,000 of these irresistible dumplings are turned out each day at Pierozek, including traditional favorites like ruskie (potato and cheese), sauerkraut and mushroom, and meat Pierogi, as well as some modern takes, such as jalapeño pierogi and Murray’s cheese pierogi. Fabulous borscht is on the menu as well, along with stuffed cabbage. Michelin awarded it their prestigious Bib Gourmand designation and raved that Pierozek “appears to be exactly what this neighborhood wants, gauging from its buzzy vibe,” while NY Times, which gave it their coveted Critics' Pick designation, raved that the “wheat dough is as delightful as fresh udon noodles.” We can’t wait to visit here and have our hosts, the Chefs Kucharski, wish us a hearty Smacznego!, the Polish equivalent of Bon Appetit!
About the Host:
Alexandra Kucharski was born into a Polish family in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, and spent her summers visiting Poland. Kucharski’s family used to own the restaurant One Bedford right around the corner, a cozy brunch joint, where she worked for a couple of years to gain experience in the field. Alongside her husband, Kucharski opened a coffee shop, Early, and, more recently, expanded to a full restaurant with Pierozek.
All courses will be individually plated.
Red Borscht with Uszka
traditional beet soup with slow-roasted pork shoulder croquette
baby arugula with parmesan, dried cranberries, sliced almonds, and honey balsamic vinaigrette, and served with jalapeño pierogi
Chef's Choice Savory Pierogi Sampler
potato + cheese | pork shoulder
cooked cabbage leaves stuffed with slow-roasted pork shoulder and rice and served with tomato sauce
Chef's Choice Sweet Pierogi Sampler
blueberry | raspberry | lemon + sweet cheese
592 Manhattan Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11222
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $80 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except gluten allergies. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant’s own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.