Pesce e Riso
6-Course Italian Meets Japanese Dinner Event
Located in SF's North Beach neighborhood, Pesce e Riso has distinguished itself as an Italian restaurant with surprising Japanese features. Chef/Owner Joe Lin was born in Shanghai and trained as a sushi chef in Vancouver, but he fell in love with Italian cuisine while apprenticing in Tuscany. At Pesce e Riso (meaning “fish and rice” in Italian, but those also happen to be the building blocks of Japanese cuisine), Chef Lin unites his two beloved cuisines through their core elements of simplicity and quality. In a cozy but stylish setting, he has created an Asian-inspired Italian osteria specializing in seafood, with distinctive hybrids like arancini tuna roll and miso-strone. “This is a restaurant and a chef who is cooking with passion and heart in an intensely personal way,” says Chowhound. “Pesce e Riso belongs exactly where it is, connecting Asia and Europe in a fresh new way.” We will be taking over the restaurant for this event and Chef Lin will be on hand to discuss his life’s journey and to answer your questions.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
A Shanghai native, Chef Lin moved to Vancouver as a teenager to study visual arts at the University of British Columbia. Upon graduating, he translated his love of fine art into a culinary career with various apprentices for some of Vancouver's most acclaimed sushi chefs. He then jumped at an opportunity to live and cook in Tuscany, where he trained for 8 months before settling down in San Francisco in 2017 with Pesce e Riso.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
with monterey squid, sapporo batter, asparagus, winter squash, cauliflower, and preserved lemon aioli
Arancini Tuna Roll
with yellowfin tuna, avocado, chili mayo, eel sauce, and togarashi
Little Gem Salad
with mung bean sprout, house tofu puff, watermelon radish, market fruit, pecorino, and miso and anchovy ranch dressing
Pork Sugo Malloreddus
sardinian gnocchi with pancetta, porcini, shiro miso, zucchini, grape tomato, and pecorino
Kansai Style Cacciucco
seafood stew with blue mussels, manila clams, gulf prawn, corona beans, shiro miso, sicilian bottarga, and genmaicha
Hokkaido Style Bread Pudding
with airy brioche and vanilla crème anglaise
Pesce e Riso
1224 Grant Ave
San Francisco, CA 94133
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.