Day 1: 5-Course Avant-American Tasting Series
Opened in 2020 in the historic Singer Building in the heart of Mount Rainier, this eatery from Chef/Owner Jesse Miller is all about comfort food par excellence. This year, Pennyroyal Station was featured on Eater’s List of “38 Essential DC Restaurants" and Washingtonian’s “Top 25 Restaurants” List. Chef Miller came to Pennyroyal Station from Bar Pilar, a neighborhood fixture that pioneered DC’s 14th Street. Here, he is turning out soul-satisfying food, from crabby deviled eggs to buttermilk fried green tomatoes with shrimp remoulade to smoky brisket mac ‘n cheese to braised rabbit pappardelle and so much more. (Did we mention the ham ‘n biscuits?) You’ll love the spacious wainscoted dining room, the vintage china, indeed, the whole vibe). “Like a good neighbor, Pennyroyal Station is there for you,” raved Washington Post critic Tom Sietsema. It sounds, to our ears, like a perfect place to while away an evening, so we’ll hope to see you there!
About the Host:
Chef Jesse Miller switched gears from the arts to the culinary arts after college, quickly joining the team at Bar Pilar after earning his graduate degree. In 2020, he joined longtime colleague Erin Edwards in opening Pennyroyal Station.
All courses will be served individually plated.
Crabby Deviled Egg
local maryland crab, calabrian chili sauce
Fried Green Tomato
local crab, local cheese
Cornmeal Crusted Catfish
rouille sauce, sweet potato cake, seasonal pickle
Brown Sugar Brined Pork Chop
bourbon apple butter, spaghetti squash fritter, cornbread
Brown Sugar Cake
roasted apple, maple ice cream, candied bacon
3310 Rhode Island Ave
Mt Rainier, MD 20712
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- Can I bring guests who are not members to this event?
- Yep! Members are able to purchase up to 3 guest tickets to this event (based on availability). However, guest tickets are $20 more than member tickets ($85 + tax/tip), and guests will not be allowed entry to the event unless they're accompanied by a member.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible. If applicable however, please email [email protected] with your needs to ensure proper accommodations.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, there is nearby street parking available. Availability may be low however, so please plan accordingly.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with dairy, gluten, soy, pescatarian, raw fish, pork, or garlic restrictions. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.