Peanut Park Trattoria
5-Course Ode to La Famiglia Tasting Event
Did the Windy City really need another Italian restaurant? You betcha! That's why this feel-good eatery, located in the heart of Little Italy, managed to ride out the pandemic following its December 2021 opening. Chicago Magazine placed it on its 2022 list of "10 Hottest Restaurants" in the city and Time Out named it to its 2022 list of "30 Best Restaurants in Chicago." Restaurateurs Dan Bonomi, owner of the ultra-popular Coalfire pizzeria, teamed up with his long-time pal Tony Fiasche of the lauded deli Tempesta Market to create a relaxed and welcoming environment in which to feature favorite dishes like house-made salumi, calamari fritti, linquini vongole, polpo fra diavolo, ricotta-stuffed ravoli with brown butter shallot jam, and classic desserts such as tiramisu, cannoli, and gelato. Head Chef Brandon Cordero will offer up a curated menu for this event, and we look forward to hearing his thoughts on what makes Italian cuisine so universally adored. See you there!
About the Host:
Chef de Cuisine
Chicago-born and raised, Chef Brandon Cordero worked in the kitchens of Nico Osteria (under three-time "Best Chef: Great Lakes" Semi-Finalist Erling Wu-Bower), Cafe Cancale, Harbor, and Parkside before joining Peanut Park Trattoria.
Courses #1 and #5 will be individually plated. Courses #2, #3, and #4 will be served family-style.
yellowtail sashimi with blood oranges, mint, fry bread
roasted mushrooms, mushroom conserva, ricotta salata cheese
pasta dish with traditional amatriciana sauce, stracciatella cheese, guanciale lardons, basil
pork belly, mixed herbs, fennel salad
ladyfingers, coffee, mascarpone cheese, cocoa
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will do our best to accommodate requests for separate tables, assuming the space allows for them. Courses #1 and #5 will be individually plated. Courses #2, #3, and #4 will be served family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
Peanut Park Trattoria
1359 W Taylor St
Chicago, IL 60607
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. As per this restaurant’s policy, as well as local guidelines, we will not be requiring proof of COVID vaccination from attendees to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant serve alcoholic beverages?
- This restaurant is a BYO establishment, so please feel free to bring your own alcoholic beverages.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, please note this restaurant is BYOB, so make sure to bring your own wine and/or beer if you'd like!