5-Course Peruvian Meets Japanese Tasting Event
Just opened this past August in the Westchase neighborhood, this Japanese-Peruvian eatery from Executive Chef/Owner Masaru Fukuda was quickly named to Eater’s “Hottest in HTX” list and Houston Chronicle’s list of “Best New Houston Restaurants.” Pacha (“world” in the Quecha language of Peru) Nikkei (meaning the Japanese-Peruvian people) brings the distinctive Nikkei cuisine to Space City. Chef Fukuda, a fourth-generation Japanese born and raised in Lima, earned his stripes at Kata Robata and Mad Houston before opening a stall at Politan Row Food Hall. Now his brick-and-mortar restaurant turns out memorable dishes like sushi rolls sprinkled with Peruvian spice, lobster ceviche, grilled octopus, and lomo saltado, a beef tenderloin with potato wedges, red onions, tomatoes, and soy/oyster sauce. You’ll love the environment as well, which is a fusion of Japanese and Peruvian tastes, with huge murals depicting four generations of Chef Fukuda’s family. We look forward to hearing about the world he came from and the flavors he brought with him to the U.S.
About the Host:
Fourth-generation Japanese and born and raised in Peru, Chef Masaru Fukuda moved to the US when he was 13. He previously cooked at Latin Bites, Kata Robata (under 4-time James Beard Award nominee Chef Manabu Horiuchi), and Mad Houston before striking out on his own with a food stall at Politan Row Food Hall. In August 2022, he opened Pacha Nikkei.
All courses will be individually plated.
spicy citrus marinade, cucumbers, avocado puree, chorizo-infused oil, tuna
peruvian raw fish dish with spicy chili-citrus marinade, roasted hazelnuts, blueberry puree
Anticuchos de Corazon & Pulpo
beef heart skewers with potatoes, peruvian corn, traditional peruvian sauce | spanish octopus dish with potatoes, peruvian corn, peruvian olive aioli, traditional peruvian sauce
Arroz Negro con Mariscos
black rice dish with shrimp, clams, mussels, cuttlefish, octopus, cod, squid ink
south american fruit, graham crackers, white chocolate shavings
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will do our best to accommodate requests for separate tables, assuming the space allows for them. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
10001 Westheimer Rd Suite 5
Houston, TX 77042
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant’s own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for dairy, soy, vegetarian, shellfish, alliums, and garlic. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.