5-Course Istambuli Roots Tasting Event
This very special eatery, which opened in 2016 in Mt. Vernon Triangle, focuses on traditional Turkish dishes like mezze, flatbreads, and kebabs, all prepared to a fine turn. That explains why Ottoman Taverna is the proud recipient of a Michelin Bib Gourmand. From his open kitchen, Executive Chef Ahmet Aydogmus turns out real delicacies, like moutabal (charred eggplant, yogurt, tahini, and garlic), mücver (zucchini-carrot cakes with onion and dill), and manti (Turkish ravioli stuffed with ground beef and served with garlic yogurt and Anatolian sauce). It’s as authentic as can be and serves as a revelation for those who don’t know Turkish cuisine all that well. Thrillist calls Ottoman Taverna “a stunner…visually intriguing with intricate latticework, honeycomb light fixtures, and a vibrant mural.” We can’t wait to visit!
About the Host:
Hailing from Turkey, Chef Ahmet Aydogmus kickstarted his career as a Chef de Partie at the Hillside Beach Club at Holiday Village in Fethiye, Turkey. After that, he went on to become the Junior Sous Chef at the Montana Pine Resort Hotel in Fethiye, Turkey, before taking a Chef de Cuisine position at Cornelia Diamond Golf and Spa Hotel in Belek, Turkey. Aydogmus worked as the butcher chef at Akra Barut Hotel in Turkey then Rixos Bab Al Bahr in the U.A.E. before moving the US to join the team at Ottoman Taverna as sous chef.
All courses will be individually plated.
Cold Mezze Trio
hayardi (yogurt with mint + dill) | muhammara (roasted red pepper + walnut dip) | pembe sultan (beet + yogurt dip)
Hot Mezze Duo
sigara boregi (phyllo, feta, yogurt sauce) | dolma (grape leaves, rice, pine nuts, raisins)
turkish ravioli stuffed with ground beef and served with garlic yogurt and anatolian sauce
thinly sliced beef döner kebap with toasted pita, tomato sauce, and yogurt
phyllo with cream and pistachio
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
425 I St NW
Washington, DC 20001
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, if you plan on purchasing beverages during the event, make sure to bring cash.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $80 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant’s own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with aversions to pork or shellfish. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.