6-Course Ode to Valencia Dinner Event
Just a little over a year old, this Highland Park eatery interprets classic Spanish cuisine in innovative new ways. Vaunted Catalan traditions are enhanced by California’s bounty of land and sea along with the influences of other cultures (viz. paella cooked with dashi or a tapas dish like crudo de Atún, which combines tuna, walnut and coriander pesto, and Asian pear). Such inspiration emerges from the talent and questing nature of New Mexican-born Executive Chef/Co-Owner Teresa Montaño. After peregrinations throughout Europe, she opened her first restaurant, Ración, in Pasadena, which was consistently named to the Los Angeles Times’ list of 101 Best Restaurants. With Otoño, her new creation, Montaño has vaulted onto a new set of “Best Of” lists, like Eater’s “15 Hottest Restaurants in L.A. Right Now” and Time Out’s “15 Best New Los Angeles Restaurants of 2018.” We will be taking over Otoño for this event, and Chef Montaño will be in and out of the kitchen to answer your questions and discuss the glories of Spanish cuisine.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
A New Mexico native, Chef Montaño cut her teeth at NYC's Tender Greens before relocating to Los Angeles. Her first restaurant, Rácion cemented her reputation for excellent Spanish cuisine, having been lauded by Jonathan Gold, named to LA Times' 101 Best Restaurant list, and earning a feature by the Diner's Club World's 50 Best Restaurants Discovery Series. She opened Otoño in August 2018.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Boquerones y Mantequilla
white anchovy, tuna and anchovy butter, and roasted radish on house tinta bread
Gambas a la Plantxa:
griddled blue prawns, garlic, and brandy de jerez served with pan con tomate
Croqueta de Pollo
goat milk braised marin sun farms organic chicken with membrillo honey and grilled seasonal vegetables
Pulpo a la Brasa
estrella-braised Spanish octopus with cranberry beans and chimichurri
seared wild eastern scallops with chorizo iberico, dashi, squid ink, and lemon aioli
spanish cinnamon and citrus custard with pomegranate and bee pollen
5715 N Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90042
Los Angeles, CA 90042
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.