6-Course Authentic Piedmontese Dinner Event
It's been over a year since our last stroll through Italy’s Piedmont region with the folks at Osteria Langhe, and Chef Cameron Grant has a whole bunch of new recipes he's eager to get our feedback on. Naturally, when a veteran chef of this caliber invites us to serve as guinea pigs, we accept the invitation! As a refresher, Scottish-born Chef Cameron Grant cooked through Piedmont for almost three years before moving to the U.S. to run Fresco 21 in Rosemont. Then he met Aldo Zaninotto, veteran of Chicago restaurants like Carlucci and Savarin, who harbored a special affection for Piemontese wines. A friendship was born, and, soon after, Osteria Langhe opened its doors in Logan Square. Since then, the restaurant has garnered widespread acclaim from the food press, including praise from Time Out, who said that “Osteria Langhe has elevated Chicago’s Italian restaurant scene.” Time Out also featured the restaurant on their 20 Best Italian Restaurants in America list in 2017! As usual, we'll be taking over the entire restaurant for this event series and Chef Grant will be coming out of the kitchen frequently to discuss his passion for all things Piemontese and participate in a Q&A with attendees.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
Chef Grant, who grew up in Scotland, has been cooking professionally for over 20 years. His obsession with Piemontese cuisine began when he moved to the region to serve as Executive Chef at Profumo Divino in Treiso. While in Trieso, he also staged at the famed Michelin-Starred restaurant, La Ciau Del Tornavento.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
with tomato, cucumber, sweet corn, red onion, feta, arugula, and red wine oregano vinaigrette
Hazelnut Encrusted Shrimp
with vanilla citrus aioli
La Tur Cheese Risotto
with fresh thyme and parmigiana
prosciutto-wrapped rabbit with pepper ragu, crispy potatoes, and pork belly
slow roasted heritage pork ribs with broccolini, sweet corn, garbanzo bean puree, and peppered honey
with summer berries, toasted hazelnuts, and shaved chocolate
2824 W Armitage Ave
Chicago, IL 60647
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with celiac (gluten sensitive can be accommodated). Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.