DAY 1: 6-Course Contemporary Greek Dinner Series
In 2015, Thomas and Rebecca Soukakos opened this inviting taverna on Capitol Hill that features traditional Greek recipes from earth and sea, with an emphasis on mezze, the small plates that can be shared by the table. Chef Soukakos, who has created other popular restaurants, like El Greco, Vios Café & Marketplace, also on Capitol Hill, and Vios at Third Place in Ravenna, is turning out exceptional dishes like mashari kokkinisto, which are beef short ribs served with herbed orzo and mizithra cheese, and kotopoulo, a pan-seared chicken with green olive tapenade and lemon risotto. And have we mentioned the free-flowing ouzo? It’s all served up in a modern, minimalist dining room decorated with splashes of Greece’s iconic blue. The Lonely Planet praises the food for being “thoughtfully and beautifully” prepared, while SeattleMet says, “Thank the Greek gods for Thomas Soukakos.” We will be taking over Omega Ouzeri for our event, and Chef Soukakos will be on hand to field your questions and walk you through the splendors of Greek cuisine.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Born in Greece, Chef Soukakos founded his restaurant empire in 1994 with Broadway's El Greco (now sadly closed). A quarter-century later, restaurants like El Greco, the celebrated Vios Cafés, and most recently Omega Ouzeri (opened in 2015) have cemented Soukakos' reputation as Seattle's godfather of Greek cuisine.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Triada of Dips with Pita and Crudite
santorini fava | tzatziki | kopanisti
with feta, ladotiri, and roasted jalapeno-onion relish
Winter Vegetable Briam
with mastic oil, thyme, honey, and pink peppercorn
with cinnamon, tomato, and orzo
Spiced Lamb Belly
with thrice cooked wedge potatoes, feta cream, and fried sage
with gelato, honey syrup, walnuts, and filo
1529 14th Ave
Seattle, WA 98122
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.