DAY 2: 6-Course Contemporary American Dinner Series
Chef Chris D’Ambro has been building up quite the restaurant empire in Philly, with the popular Southwark (site of a favorite TC event) and Ambra. As of April of this year, he has added Olly to his résumé, which both Eater and The Infatuation immediately placed on their list of Philadelphia’s best new restaurants. Located on the corner of 5th and Bainbridge in Queens Village, Olly plays like your favorite neighborhood hangout…albeit with really great food. In this inviting space—think modern farmhouse, light and airy—you will find old favorites, like smacking good fried chicken and lasagna, and if you’re a vegetable lover, you’ll appreciate the kitchen’s emphasis on things green, from baby artichokes to Swiss chard pie to fresh green favas. We will be taking over Olly’s for this event, and Chef D’Ambro will be on hand to answer your questions, share his culinary passions, and fill you in on the agonies and ecstasies of owning and running a restaurant.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Co-Owner
After graduating from the Culinary Institute of America, Chef D'Ambro first cooked in Wilmington, DE, and then moved to Philly to serve as Sous Chef at Talula's Garden and later Executive Chef at Talula's Table. He then jumped at the opportunity to relocate to San Jose del Cabo, Mexico, and serve as Executive Chef at the renowned Flora's Field Kitchen, before returlning to Philly to open his own sister restaurants: Southwark and Ambra.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
with corn and shrimp aioli
Charred Pole Beans
with pecorino cheese and black pepper vinaigrette
Broccoli Caesar Salad
with smoked chicken, romaine lettuce, and preserved lemon
Blue Bay Mussels
with herb and buttermilk broth
with tomato babaganoush, arugula, and crispy chickpeas
with whipped cream cheese
700 S 5th St
Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.