Noord @ Winkel
DAY 2: 5-Course Nouveau Dutch Tasting Series
If you’ve been feeling uninspired by the Japanese/Italian/Mexican/Thai/New American food horizon, it’s time to go Dutch. And we don’t mean that in the sense of sharing the cost of a meal. We mean that it is time to discover the homey delights of authentic Dutch cooking, courtesy of Chef-Owner Joncarl Lachman and Noord, his eetcafe, or bistro, in Southwest Philly. Chef Lachman worked under chefs like Nora Pouillon at Restaurant Nora in D.C. and Anne Rosenzweig at Inside in New York City and spent considerable time in The Netherlands, his family’s ancestral home, and up in Scandinavia, collecting culinary inspirations. At Noord, you would find pickled and smoked fish, plenty of mustard, pork meatballs, beets, cabbage, bacon, sausage—everything you need to get you through a late winter night. Time Out gave Noord four stars and calls it a “quintessential East Passyunk experience.” Sadly, Noord closed in October 2021, but Chef Lachman is going to revive the concept just for us at his sister restaurant, Winkel, and we can't wait for this exclusive opportunity to savor his incredible take on Dutch cuisine one more time!
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Chef Joncarl Lachman cut his teeth at NYC hotspots Restaurant Nora, Arcadia and the Lobster Club. He won the San Pelligrini Almost Famous Chef award in 2002 and three years later unveiled his Michelin ranked HB Home Bistro in Chicago. Returning home to Philly, Lachman opened Noord in 2013 and the restaurant quickly established itself as a stalwart on Eater's 38 Essential List.
Each course will be individually plated.
with smoked salmon, toasted rye, house pickles, and remoulade
Traditional Dutch Mustard Soup
with caviar, sour cream, and tarragon oil
with semolina pudding, local mushrooms, thyme, and pearl onions
Smoked Pork Sausage
with cabbage, bacon, and caraway beer broth
Strawberry Rhubarb Brioche Pudding
with vanilla whipped cream
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
As per local requirements, attendees will be required to wear masks at all times other than when they are seated. If local requirements change prior to this event, the restaurant will adhere to whatever requirements are in effect at the time of this event. We will also be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating, and all food will be served individually plated.
Noord @ Winkel
1119 Locust St.
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $75 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, please note this restaurant is BYOB, so make sure to bring your own wine and/or beer if you'd like!
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- As per local requirements, attendees will be required to wear masks at all times other than when they are seated. If local requirements change prior to this event, the restaurant will adhere to whatever requirements are in effect at the time of this event. We will also be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating, and all food will be served individually plated.