5-Course Contemporary Chesapeake Tasting Event
Opened in 2019, this Logan Circle eatery has firmly established itself on the city’s food scene, with a berth on such lists as Washingtonian’s “100 Best Restaurants in DC” List (2023) and Thrillist’s “Best in DC” List (2022). Nina May is the brainchild of co-owners Colin McClimans (who also serves as Chef), and restaurateur Danilo Simic, who set out to create a true neighborhood restaurant. (On a heartwarming note, they named the joint for their respective daughters.) Previously Chef McClimans, a native Washingtonian, served as Chef de Cuisine of Equinox Restaurant for over six years - and, after also helping owner Todd Gray open multiple large projects, including Salamander Resort, Manna, Milk + Honey, and a dedicated restaurant in the Museum of the Bible, he was more than ready to begin Nina May. In fact, in 2015, Chef McClimans was named to Zagat’s "30 under 30" List for his work in the industry. Now, at Nina May, he is offering an ever-changing menu of seasonal and hyperlocal ingredients, sourced from farms within 150 miles of the city. Diners relish such dishes as lamb belly schnitzel, house smoked beef pastrami, and pan-roasted Maryland rockfish filet. We’re very much looking forward to our visit and to hearing from Chef McClimans about his food ideas… and lacrosse (he was a college champion!)
About the Host:
Native Washingtonian Chef Colin McClimans has cooked in restaurant kitchens since he was 14 years old. The former Chef de Cuisine of Equinox Restaurant, he has helped Chef Todd Gray (a 5 time James Beard Award Nominee for "Best Chef: Mid-Atlantic") open multiple large projects including Salamander Resort, Manna, and Milk + Honey. In 2015, he was also named one of Zagat’s "30 under 30."
Courses #1 - #4 will be served family style. Course #5 will be individually plated.
Salad of Virgina Country Ham
grilled peach, corn succotash, pickled jalapeño, arugula
Maryland Blue Crab & Scallop Stuffed Squash Blossom
béarnaise, herb salad, tarragon oil
Smoked Eggplant & Tomato Lasagna
provolone cheese, basil pesto, garlic crumble
Crusted Pastrami Prime Rib
au poivre, onion rings, chard broccoli
pickled blueberry, almond clusters, 18 month aged comte
1337 11th St NW
Washington, DC 20001
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- Can I bring guests who are not members to this event?
- Yep! Members are able to purchase up to 3 guest tickets to this event (based on availability). However, guest tickets are $20 more than member tickets ($85 + tax/tip), and guests will not be allowed entry to the event unless they're accompanied by a member.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible. If applicable however, please email [email protected] with your needs to ensure proper accommodations.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, there is a nearby parking garage and/or lot, as well as street parking available. Parking is not validated.