6-Course Seasonal American Brunch Event
Located on Venice’s Abbot Kinney Boulevard, Neighbor is a delightfully casual environment in which the food is anything but casual. Executive Chef Joshua Luce, who apprenticed in the kitchens of culinary masters like Jacques Pepin and Jean-Georges Vongerichten before ascending to top positions at the Peninsula Beverly Hills and the Ace Hotel DTLA, gathers inspiration from diverse cooking traditions. Be prepared to find garden peas and burrata with flowering mint to turmeric and yogurt-laced broccolini to buckwheat noodles with black garlic and scallions. ‘Casual chic’ describes the setting, with its rattan seating, abundant greenery indoors and out, mosaic tables, and a worn brick-and-tile floor. The food and décor taken together explain why Thrillist named Neighbor to its 2019 list of “Everywhere You Need to Eat in Venice Right Now.” We will be taking over Neighbor for the afternoon, and Chef Luce will be on hand to answer your questions and discuss the pleasures and the perils of running a restaurant kitchen.
About the Host:
Chef Luce graduated from the French Culinary Institute in NYC before honing his craft under such celebrated chefs as Craig Koketsu and Jean-Georges Vongerichten, as well as Alain Ducasse at the Adour in the St. Regis Hotel. In 2012 he returned to his native California to run the restaurants of first the Peninsula Beverly Hills and then the Ace Hotel DLTA. In 2017, he joined the opening team at Neighbor as Executive Chef.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
with apple, pear, dried fig, and maple
with seeded toast, radish, pistachio, and chive blossom
with fennel, smoked salmon, poached egg, and mustard hollandaise
with cornbread, whipped butter, honey, and jalapeno
with bacon, parmesan, extra virgin olive oil, and peppercorn
with blueberry, espresso, and walnut
1031 Abbot Kinney Blvd
Venice, CA 90291
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $50 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.