5-Course Ottoman Opulence Tasting Event
Opened just this past August, this superb Turkish eatery in the Flatiron district (and whose name means “pomegranate”) made Eater’s, Infatuation’s, AND the New York Post’s Lists of the “Best New Restaurant Openings of 2023.” So, not too shabby, to say the least. Chef De Cuisine Fahri Cetinyurek, who has cooked in some of the finest restaurants in Istanbul, Singapore, Dubai, and Bangkok, is leading a crackerjack team of chefs as they reimagine regional Turkish cuisine using produce from the Union Square Farmer’s Market and proteins from the Amish country of Pennsylvania. Together, they are turning out superbly prepared dishes like grilled octopus with white bean puree, mulberry emulsion, and walnuts, zucchini blossoms with potatoes and tomato sauce, sultan’s bliss (smoked eggplant caviar with lamb shank), char-grilled quails wrapped in wine leaves, and so much more. (Leave room for the one-of-a-kind desserts as well.) “Dazzles with flavor…a lovely new addition to NYC’s food scene, delighting both those familiar and new to Turkish food,” raves Knockturnal. We're sold!
About the Host:
Chef de Cuisine
Hailing from Turkey, Chef Fahri Çetinyürek graduated from Izzet Baysal University's Culinary Arts program, and has cooked in restaurants across the globe. He previously cooked under Chef Joël Robuchon at Two-Michelin-Starred L'Atelier, as well as at Pädaste Manor, before joining NAR in 2023.
All courses will be individually plated.
baba ganoush, hummus, pistachio, turkish nuts & spices
mixed greens, chef's choice vinaigrette
Pan Seared Scallops
turkish pastirma, turkish spices
Grilled Lamb Rack
hazelnut parsley duqqa, mashed potato
Roasted Pumpkin & Kaymak Mousse
tahini, roasted walnut, sugar
34 E 20th St #3
New York, NY 10003
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with soy, vegetarian, raw fish, pork, or mushroom restrictions. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $90 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.