5-Course Inventive Mexican Tasting Event
Brand new (as in, opened in January, 2023), this Oak Street eatery follows on the heels of Chef Julio Machado’s wildly popular Tacos del Cartel in Metairie, and has already landed a place on Eater’s 2023 list of “Hottest New Restaurants in NOLA.” Mucho Más means “much more,” and that’s just what Venezuela-born Chef Machado set out to achieve, going beyond the limitations that Tacos del Cartel’s small space imposed on him. Mucho Más is sophisticated and modern, with a hip Mexico City vibe. Striking agave sculptures, rolled blue velvet seating, and Instagramable neon create an upscale ambience. Joy is Chef Machado’s mantra, and that means he seeks to infuse every dish with a touch of playfulness that makes his food so satisfyingly surprising. Consider such mashups as the Ramen Mexico City, which is shredded chicken or pork served with rice noodles, red onions, cilantro and cucumber, or Swiss shrimp enchiladas, along with all the traditional Mexican favorites. “A vibrant new destination… sure to be a new Uptown go-to,” says Eater. We look forward to our visit there and to catching up with Chef Machado!
About the Host:
Venezuelan Chef Julio Machado graduated from the Venezuelan Center of Gastronomique Arts and has cooked in kitchens across Europe, South America, and North America. In addition to previous restaurants L'autana Ristorante at Sant Omero and his popular Tacos del Cartel, he has also served as Head Chef at local favorite Zocalo.
All courses will be individually plated.
preserved lemon, honey, pistachio
sofrito, red snapper, chile pequin aioli
pulled pork birria, pickle, corn | cured onion, calamari, mango salsa, avocado salsa, grilled onion
Tasajo de Carne
cornbread patty, chile chiltepín & pepper salsa, oaxaca cheese
A Sweet Ending
passionfruit ice cream, mint meringue cookie, tequila salsa
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will do our best to accommodate requests for separate tables, assuming the space allows for them. Additionally, all food will be served individually plated rather than family style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
8201 Oak St
New Orleans, LA 70118
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, there is nearby street parking available.