Day 3: 5-Course Forage-to-Fork Tasting Series
Just a year old, this Modern American eatery with a focus on wild and foraged ingredients (indeed, it's named for a wild mushroom found in the Beaver State) vaulted onto Bon Appétit's 2022 "50 Best New Restaurants in the US" list, Thrillist's 2021 "Best New Restaurants in Portland" list, and The Oregonian's list of "12 New Portland Restaurants We Can't Wait to Try." Chef Cameron Dunlap grew up in Georgia and moved to the City of Roses in the mid-1990s, attending culinary school at the Art Institute of Portland. He served as Executive Chef at The Fireside and 23Hoyt before launching the "Origin Wild Pop-Up." That grew into Morchella, where he is now serving up dishes like duck breast with celery root, turnip, and fermented dandelion greens, local sturgeon with herbed buttermilk, black barley and cippolini onions, and elk consommé. We're so looking forward to our visit here and to hearing from Chef Dunlop about the joys of foraging and using elements like wood sorrel, wild sumac, elderberries, and so many mushrooms in his cooking.
About the Host:
A Georgia native, Chef Cameron Dunlap moved to Portland in the mid-90s and attended culinary school at the Art Institute of Portland. He previously was Executive Chef at The Fireside and 23Hoyt and started a pop-up, Origin Wild, in 2016. He opened Morchella in September 2022.
All courses will be individually plated.
Duck Liver Mousse
tapioca crackers, honeyed cranberries, thyme
pears, garlic, oregano, olive oil
Duck Leg & Dirty Rice
wild rice, pickled currants
Pan Roasted Duck Breast
celery root puree, beets, wheat berries
Cam's Famous Pecan Pie
bourbon, foie gras mousse, orange zest
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will be accommodating timely requests for separate tables (rather than communal seating) to the best of the restaurant's ability. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
1315 NE Fremont St
Portland, OR 97212
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant’s own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Does this restaurant serve alcoholic beverages?
- This restaurant is a BYO establishment, so please feel free to bring your own alcoholic beverages.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID. Additionally, please note this restaurant is BYOB, so make sure to bring your own wine and/or beer if you'd like!