DAY 2: 6-Course Nouveau Bistro Dinner Series
In 2012, when the very French Cedric Maupillier, a semifinalist for the James Beard Best Chefs in America five years running, opened a restaurant with a Western theme, it was hard to imagine what that might look like. In fact, however, Mintwood Place in Adams-Morgan has proven to be immensely popular. This warm neighborhood bistro, fashioned as a saloon-style space with wood paneling and a rooster and wagon wheel décor, serves beautifully executed favorites like deviled eggs, pickled rhubarb, escargot hush puppies, and beet mountain pie. The Washingtonian named Mintwood Place to its list of Washington’s 100 Very Best Restaurants, citing the “rib-sticking fare,” while the Washington Post lauds its “delicious twists on classic dishes.” We are excited to be taking over the restaurant for our event, and Chef de Cuisine Matt Cockrell, who was one of the youngest sous chefs ever at La Chaumiere, a D.C. landmark, will be on hand to answer your questions and discuss his culinary passions.
About the Host:
Chef de Cuisine
After earning three culinary degrees from Stratford University Chef Cockrell found himself the youngest Sous Chef in the history of La Chaumiere, a DC landmark for classic French food. He later honed his craft as Executive Sous Chef of Le Diplomate before joining the team at Mintwood place in 2017.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
with beet carpaccio, hazelnuts, basil oil, and pomegranate
Grilled Lamb Merguez
with chickpeas, cucumbers, and beet hummus
with english peas, tomatoes, and garlic-parsley pistou
Shrimp & Scallop Fricassee
with autumn squash and pumpkin velouté
parisian gnocchi, mushrooms, and sauce poivrade
Chocolate Chess Pie
with spicy popcorn and bourbon-caramel ice cream
1813 Columbia Rd NW
Washington, DC 20009
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except gluten allergies. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.