6-Course Filipino Meets Mexican Dinner Event
Located in the heart of SOMA, Mestiza is the most personal restaurant yet from chef/owner Deanna Sinon, who has had a hand in such popular San Francisco eateries as Farmer Brown and Little Skillet. This delightful taqueria is inspired by the street food of Mexico and the Philippines, Sinon’s birthplace, and features influences from Cambodia, Indonesia, Thailand, and Vietnam. Tortillas, hand-pressed daily, feature wonderful fillings like pork adobo, green papaya achara, and avocado-lemongrass chicken, which explains why the San Francisco Chronicle named Mestiza to its list of Top 100 Restaurants. You’ll love the tropical atmosphere as well, with metal plates lined with strips of banana leaves and Mason jars filled with exotic fronds and flowers. We will be taking over Mestiza for this event, and Deanna Sison will be on hand to discuss the challenges of owning and operating a restaurant and the pleasures of bringing her country’s cooking traditions to a wider audience.
About the Host:
Deanna Sison has worked professionally as a Cooking Show producer, Food Stylist, and Recipe Developer – combining her trained skills with her passion for food. Since 2006 she has steadily built her restaurant empire first with Farmertown, then Little Skillet, and finally Mestiza Taqueria in February 2017.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Mango & Jicama Salad
with lime vinaigrette
with water chestnuts, cabbage, carrots, and housemade sweet chili sauce
Gulf Shrimp Kinilaw
filipino-style shrimp ceviche with serrano, ginger, tamarind, lime, and tobiko
Braised Pork Adobo
with garlic rice and green papaya achara
with mexican chocolate dipping sauce
595 Bryant St
San Francisco, CA 94107
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.