5-Course Innovative Omakase Tasting Event
Given what’s been going on in the last few years in the restaurant world, you know that any establishment that has managed to survive since 1994 has GOT to be good. Well, Mashiko (located at Alaska Junction, the main shopping/eating area on California Avenue) is that good. In fact, it made both Eater’s and Seattle Met’s 2022/2023 lists of the best sushi restaurants in Seattle. Chefs and Life Partners Brandon Wicks and Mariah Kmitta are long-time employees of Mashiko, and took it over in 2019, hoping to honor the vision of founding Chef/Owner Hajimi Sato. Chef Sato continually sought to redefine the typical way of thinking about and presenting Japanese food, finding a way to both honor tradition and innovate in flavor. And judging from the continued acclaim, Chefs Wicks and Kmitta are continuing that mission! Chef Wicks, a native of the Dallas/Fort Worth area, has risen steadily through the food world, with stints as Head Chef at 35th Street Bistro, Chef de Cuisine at Flo Japanese Restaurant in Bellevue, Sous Chef at Cascadia, and Sushi/Raw Bar Lead and Butcher at ART in the Four Seasons Hotel. Seattle-born Chef Kmitta is that rare breed: a female sushi chef and an expert one. The Sushi Legend, a popular food blog, called Mashiko “a truly different sushi experience…the best that Seattle has to offer.” Really, people, what more is there to say?
About the Host:
Brandon Wicks & Mariah Kmitta
The protégés of Mashiko's founding Chef/Owner Hajimi Sato, Chefs Brandon Wicks & Mariah Kmitta are a husband and wife team with years of experience. Prior to taking over Mashiko, Chef Wicks cooked in the kitchens of 35th Street Bistro, Flo Japanese Restaurant, Cascadia, and ART in the Four Seasons Hotel, while Chef Kmitta rose through the ranks rapidly under Chef Sato.
Courses #1, #2, and #5 will be served individually plated. Courses #3 and #4 will be served family style.
Hokkaido Scallop Ceviche
pickled rhubarb, daikon, cucumber, ginger, citrus
Wild Hawaiian Yellowtail Sashimi
seasonal greens, daikon, jukusei ponzu, shiso oil
Nigiri Five Ways
northwest albacore, saba, amaebi, alaskan marbled king salmon, rainbow trout
Black Cod Kasuzuke
sake lees, white miso, sautéed pea vines
sweet koji fermented strawberry-rice ice cream
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will do our best to accommodate requests for separate tables, assuming the space allows for them. Courses #1, #2, and #5 will be served individually plated. Courses #3 and #4 will be served family style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
4725 California Ave SW
Seattle, WA 98116
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, there is a nearby paid parking lot, as well as street parking available.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with dairy, soy, vegetarian, raw fish, mushroom, alliums, or garlic restrictions. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.