Day 2: 5-Course Reveries of the Riviera Tasting Series
Opened just this past June, this tapas-forward South End eatery is about all things Mediterranean. Marseille immediately landed on Eater’s “Hottest in Boston” List, while Thrillist gave it a place on its “Best New Restaurants in Boston” List. Executive Chef Robert Fathman has hitherto been the culinary mastermind at important restaurants like Les Zygomates French Bistro and Bel Ari Italian Modern. At Marseille, he is invoking sea, sunshine, and sybaritic delight with dishes like grilled octopus, brandade, panisse (to-die-for chickpea fries), whole roasted branzino, brochette de bouef, vegetable tagine, and so much more. In naming the restaurant for the southern French port city, Marseille is also acknowledging the varied influences that are reflected in the cuisine of that part of the world. So, not only French, but Spanish, Italian, Moroccan, and North African influences are felt on the menu. Short of an actual trip to the Riviera, this is the next best thing, and we are excited to spend an evening here. See you then!
About the Host:
Originally from Cincinatti, Chef Robert Fathman served in the Navy before joining a culinary program in NY. A former Executive Chef at restaurants such as Les Zygomates French Bistro and Bel Ari Italian Modern, he now is the culinary mastermind behind Marseille.
Course #1 will be served family style. Courses #2-#5 will be individually plated.
whipped herb ricotta with roasted grape, pine nuts | smoked salmon with cured egg yolk, trout roe | parisian ham & manchego with cured pepper, pickled mustard seed
pine nuts, golden raisin, muscat de beaumes-de-venise
Cuisses de Grenouille à La Provençale
frog legs with lemon, capers, white wine, butter
Rendavoux de Daube de Bouef et Tagiine
french beef stew with mixed morrocan spices
Chocolate & Tahini Flan
560 Harrison Ave
Boston, MA 02118
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- Can I bring guests who are not members to this event?
- Yep! Members are able to purchase up to 3 guest tickets to this event (based on availability). However, guest tickets are $20 more than member tickets ($85 + tax/tip), and guests will not be allowed entry to the event unless they're accompanied by a member.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible. If applicable however, please email [email protected] with your needs to ensure proper accommodations.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, complimentary parking with validation is available through their lot.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.