MariPili Tapas Bar
5-Course Ode to Galicia Tasting Event
Just this past May, Chef Grayson Corrales opened her First Hill eatery on the site of the dearly departed Café Presse, and Seattle Met promptly named it 2022’s “Best Restaurant of the Year.” Infatuation followed suit, naming it to both its 2022 lists of “Best New Restaurants in Seattle” and “Most Exciting Restaurant Openings in America.” This unique restaurant is a heartfelt homage to Chef Corrales’ roots in Galicia, Spain, that autonomous region northwest of the Iberian Peninsula and just atop Portugal. Coming right off a three-month internship in Spain at the two-Michelin-starred restaurant Culler de Pau, Chef Corrales is turning out such dishes as ham and mushroom croquetas, paella tahdig (crisp paella rice served with chorizo spiced shrimp and triple garlic aioli), empanadas de morcilla (blood sausage tart, squash, piquillo peppers), and, of course, octopus. Leave room as well for the churros or the Manchego cheesecake! “A place where everything succeeds,” raves Seattle Met. “Corrales makes traditional tapas taste new.”
About the Host:
A Washington native, Galician Chef Grayson Corrale staged at Galicia’s two-Michelin-starred Culler de Pau and previously served as a pastry chef at James Beard Award-winning JuneBaby. In 2022, she opened MariPili Tapas Bar.
All courses will be individually plated.
Tortilla de Patata
poached potato and caramelized onion spanish omelet, house bread
baked scallops with candied pork jowl, pickled shallots, chimichurri sauce
Bacalao á Mariñeira
seared lingcod with gnocchi, snap peas, fish broth
Rabo de Toro Fideua
braised oxtail stew with broken spaghetti, cippolini onion, herb aioli
Crema Catalana con Froitas Cítricas
catalonian custard with caramelized sugar, seasonal citrus garnishes
MariPili Tapas Bar
1117 12th Ave
Seattle, WA 98122
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What COVID safety precautions will be taken at this event?
- At this event, we will be accommodating all requests for separate tables rather than communal seating. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant’s own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for alliums or garlic. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.