5-Course Modern Locavore Tasting Event
Opened this past May, this Fort Greene eatery is fast becoming a favored neighborhood haunt of the best kind. Serving highly seasonal food in a sleek and stylish environment, Margot has just made it onto Eater’s 2024 List of “Hottest in NYC”…and NYC has a lot that’s hot! Executive Chef Frank Scarlota is a Philadelphia native who launched his cooking career at Philly’s celebrated Vernick Food and Drink. In 2021, he moved to Gotham, joining the crew at Momofuku Ko. More recently, he was the sous chef at the late great Contra on the Lower East Side. At Margot, he is turning out pitch-perfect dishes like potato pavé and cheese fondue, branzino with broccoli di ciccio and pimentón, skirt steak with miso and black trumpet mushrooms, and carrot coconut sorbet, all prepared in the impressive open kitchen. “A cool place that serves cool food,” says Infatuation, so, naturally, we are primed to visit!
About the Host:
Born and raised in Philly, Chef Frank Scarlota began his cooking career at the age of 19 at celebrated Vernick Food and Drink. In 2021 he made the move to NYC, where he joined 2-Michelin-Starred Momofuku. He most recently served as Sous Chef at Contra.
Courses #1-#4 will be served family style. Course #5 will be individually plated. For this event’s dietary restriction accommodation policy, see the Event FAQs below.
Focaccia & Ricotta
preserved kumquat, braised onion
Glazed Maitake Mushrooms
brown butter, balsamic reduction, scallion
Papperdelle & Rabbit Ragu
tomato-based sauce, wilted spinach
Pan Roasted Venison
fermented turnip, dark chocolate infused veal jus
Banana Toffee Pudding à la Mode
banana bread, toffee caramel, vanilla ice cream
69 Lafayette Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11217
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $90 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.