5-Course Revisiting Mexican Roots Tasting Event
Opened in the fall of 2022, this outstanding eatery has appeared on such 2023 Lists as Seattle Met’s “100 Best Restaurants” and Eater’s “Best Mexican in Seattle.” Chef Victoria Martin, known to all as “Vico,” has a fascinating multicultural background. Born in Baja Mexico to a Mexican mother and a Filipino father (himself a talented chef), Chef Vico graduated from a prestigious culinary school at University of Baja California, gained invaluable experience working at La Flor de la Calabaza, a renowned restaurant in her hometown of Ensenada, and founded her first restaurant, Sazon, which quickly became a local Ensenada favorite. At Maiz Molino, she offers a delightful fusion of Pacific Northwest ingredients enlivened with Mexican/Filipino influences. Here you will find housemade tortillas, gorditas, tamale dough, and other masa-based dishes using some of the 60 varieties of heirloom corn that has been grown in Mexico for generations. The protein ranges from chicken tinga to pork carnitas to beef adobado and more. It’s all incredibly authentic—and delicious. We are really excited to visit here!
About the Host:
Born in Baja Mexico, Chef Victoria Martin attended culinary school at the University of Baja California. After graduation, she honed her craft at La Flor de la Calabaza, a renowned restaurant in her hometown of Ensenada, before opening her first restaurant, Sazon, in 2018. She now serves as Head Chef at Maiz Molino.
All courses will be individually plated.
Sopa de Tomate Rostizado
basil & roasted tomato soup with masa cake, goat cheese
Tuna Ceviche with Vicocita Aioli
special salsa matcha aioli, heirloom corn tostada
southern mexican seafood
lamb barbacoa on heirloom masa corn sope
condensed milk, vanilla, sugar, egg
2325 6th Ave
Seattle, WA 98121
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- Can I bring guests who are not members to this event?
- Yep! Members are able to purchase up to 3 guest tickets to this event (based on availability). However, guest tickets are $20 more than member tickets ($85 + tax/tip), and guests will not be allowed entry to the event unless they're accompanied by a member.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, there is a nearby paid parking lot, as well as street parking available.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible. If applicable however, please email [email protected] with your needs to ensure proper accommodations.