6-Course Tribute to Beirut Dinner Event
Launched in August 2018, Lyra has become one of the most sought-after dining destinations in the trendy Cleveland Park neighborhood. Here, Chef Hrant Arakelian, late of such popular restaurants as Zola, Rumours East, and Etch, is dishing out vibrant Middle Eastern food, including outstanding hummus, roasted vegetables, lamb, and seafood. Lyra is a labor of love for Arakelian, a Nashville native of Armenian descent, and his wife and partner Elizabeth Endicott, who serves as beverage director and manager and who pitches in on desserts, like the wonderful pistachio ice cream sandwiched between two sesame tahini cookies. With its wood-fired oven, you can also expect beautiful breads, like puffed and lightly charred pitas, Kurdish loaves known as samoons, Lebanese flatbreads painted with za’atar-infused oil, and fatayers, savory puffed pastry triangles. “Lyra is superb,” applauds Nashville Scene. We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Arakelian will answer your questions and tell you all you need to know about the splendors of Middle Eastern cuisine.
About the Host:
Chef & Co-Owner
Born in Lebanon, Chef Arakelian honed his skills at Sunset Grill and Flyte World Dining & Wine before holding Sous and Executive Chef positions at Rumours East, Adeles, The Holland House Bar & Refuge, and most recently as Chef de Cuisine at Deb Paquette’s flagship kitchen, Etch. He opened Lyra with his wife Liz in August 2018
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Lamb Liver Pate
with black salt lavosh and pickles
Green Almond & Herb Salad
with shankleesh and berries
Carrot Kibeeh Nayeh
with romaine and kaak spice
market fish with spicy tahina and toasted almonds
Shuwa Spiced Lamb
with coconut eggplant, tamarind, and puffed rice
Orange Pistachio Baklava
with ashta and borrage flower
935 W Eastland Ave
Nashville, TN 37206
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.