DAY 1: 6-Course Globally Inspired Dinner Series
Just opened in June, this East Village restaurant, whose Bengali name means “new and unexpected,” is the brainchild of Executive Chefs Nahid Ahmed and Arjuna Bull. The two have worked together at such top-flight establishments as Lespinasse and Café Gray in New York to El Bulli in Spain and the Fat Duck in the U.K. Here, at Luthun, one focus is on family recipes like crispy porridge and monkfish with green curry, but the menu is better described as “modern global cuisine.” European touches can be found in dishes like tomato glazed with tomato honey, while Asian notes feature in the heirloom zucchini with sesame, young ginger butter, and shiso salsa verde. We will be taking over Luthun for the evening, and The Two Chefs will be in and out of the kitchen to share the inspirations they have gathered from their international culinary journeys.
About the Hosts:
Chef & Co-Owner
A graduate of the Lausanne Culinary Institute in Switzerland, Chef Ahmed has worked in world-class restaurants including Lespinasse, el Bulli, The Fat Duck, Philippe Rochat, Cafe Gray (where he met Chef Arjuna), the Oak Room at the Plaza Hotel and Respite. Alongside Chef Arjuna, he opened Luthun in June 2019.
Chef & Co-Owner
Chef Bull grew up in Miami, Florida, where he obtained a degree in culinary arts from Johnson and Wales University. He has worked at notable places such as Fontainebleau Hilton Resort, Cafe Gray (where he met chef Nahid), The Tribeca Grand Hotel, Brasserie 8 1/2 and Pearl & Ash. Alongside Chef Nahid, he opened Luthun in June 2019.
All courses will be plated individually at this event.
with kohlrabi and crispy lentil
with pinto potato, nuoc cham, and spice cured yolk
with granola, compté, and garam masala
with bonito, young ginger, and shiso salsa verde
with pumpkin molé and panch phoron
Aromatic Rice Ice Cream
with mango lassi caramel and raspberry snow
432 E 13th St
New York, NY 10009
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for those with dairy or chili/peppers allergies/aversions. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.