5-Course Spanish With a Texan Twist Tasting Event
Opened just this past February on the ground floor of the Hyatt Centric Austin, this eatery from Chef Steve McHugh, a SIX-TIME James Beard Foundation finalist, has landed on two 2023 Eater lists: “Hottest in ATX” and “Destination-Worthy Restaurants.” Chef McHugh opened his first restaurant, Cured, in San Antonio to much acclaim in 2012. In 2018, he was recognized by the James Beard Foundation as a Smart Catch Leader for his use of the purest regional ingredients paired with organic methods. At Luminaire, he is focusing on seasonal Texas fare with a Spanish influence. That means dishes like white gazpacho with marcona almonds, grapes, cucumber, and garlic puree, shrimp and whipped hominy with smoked tasso ham, tomatoes, and chipotle adobo, steelhead trout paella with chorizo, shrimp, and baby octopus. (Oh, and leave room for the flan and churros.) It’s all served up in a stunningly sleek and modern environment flooded with light. “A luxurious staycation dining experience,” raves Austin Monthly. We can’t wait to visit!
About the Host:
A Six-Time James Beard Award Finalist, Chef Steve McHugh opened his first restaurant, Cured, in 2012 in San Antonio before turning his sights to Austin. A NOLA native, he is now widely recognized as San Antonia's most celebrated chef, having previously also served as chef de cuisine at August in addition to a stint at Lüke in San Antonio.
All courses will be individually plated.
Turkey Weißwurst Lettuce Wraps
Heirloom Tomato & Watermelon Salad
whipped ricotta, mint
Carrillada of Pork
whipped hominy, pimentos picantes
Churros & Chocolate
721 Congress Ave
Austin, TX 78701
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- Will this event be handicap acccessible?
- According to the restaurant, this event is handicap accessible. If applicable however, please email [email protected] with your needs to ensure proper accommodations.
- What parking information has the restaurant provided for this event?
- According to the restaurant, valet parking is available at a set rate.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.