Lucina Eatery and Bar
5-Course Revisiting Pan-Latin Roots Tasting Event
Just a year old this March, this Park Hill newcomer has been received with much enthusiasm, landing on a bunch of 2022 lists (including 5280’s “Where Our Food Editors are Eating Right Now,” Westword’s “Ten Best Restaurants,” and the Denver Post’s “New Restaurants to Try.”) Lucina is a melting pot of Latin American, Latin Caribbean, and coastal Spanish culinary traditions. Chef/Co-Owner Erasmo Casiano named his restaurant for his mother, Santa Lucina, a.k.a Lucy, who was an inspiration and motivation for him to pursue the culinary profession. His Mexican home was a place of delicious dinners of tamales, sopes, and fideo shared with family and friends. At Lucina, Chef Casiano is carrying on that tradition by creating a warm and convivial environment in which great food is served, from lighter fare like pozole, ceviche, mofongo, patatas bravas, and yuca frites, to more substantial dishes like duck confit and molé, mahi baked in a plantain leaf, and mojo pork chops marinated in garlic, citrus, and herbs. “A labor of love,” is how Westword describes Lucina in its recent feature “100 Restaurants We Can’t Live Without in 2023” so we are prepared to love it!
About the Host:
Mexican-American Chef Erasmo "Ras" Casiano graduated Summa Cum Laude from Johnson and Wales University's Culinary Arts program. He worked in kitchens throughout Texas (including The Screen Door and Ferre Ristorante) before moving to Denver in 2009, where he has previously served as Executive Chef at Cru Wine Bar, Cafe Colore, and NoRTH Italia. He previously founded a cooking school, CREATE, with Lucina Co-owner Diego Coconati.
All courses will be individually plated.
cured shrimp, salsa de ceniza, cucumber, onion, tostada
Pupusa de Frijol
black bean, queso oaxaca, griddled masa, curtido, tomato salsa
Puerco al Mojo
pork loin, garlic, citrus, arroz congri, maduros
Churrasco y Chimichurri
roasted petit filet, chimichurri, maldon sea salt
Dulce de Leche y Banana
dulce de leche ganache, banana crémeux, tuile
Restaurant Covid 19 Policy
At this event, we will do our best to accommodate requests for separate tables, assuming the space allows for them. Additionally, all food will be served individually-plated rather than family-style. As per local guidelines, as well as the restaurant's own policy, attendees will not be required to present proof of vaccination for entry.
Lucina Eatery and Bar
2245 Kearney St #101
Denver, CO 80207
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Do guests need to be of a certain age to attend this event?
- Yes. All attendees must be 21+ to gain entry.
- Does this restaurant allow BYOB?
- No. This restaurant is a non-BYO establishment. Outside alcohol will not be permitted at this event.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $85 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests (as well as the guest ticket surcharge) must be sent to us prior to the event. Any guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What must I bring to the event?
- Please make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event, we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies except for raw fish, alliums or garlic. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are.