DAY 2: 6-Course California Inspired Dinner Series
Mailea Weger, Executive Chef/Owner of this brand-new all-day café and natural wine bar in Riverside Village, grew up in Venice, California, where she cooked at two popular restaurants, Gjusta and Gjelina. Most recently, she worked at Paris’ acclaimed Echo Deli. At lou, she is offering marvelous pastries and sandwiches all through the day, but the dinner menu is given over to dishes that fall into categories like market veg, pour la table, sea, and land. Imagine kabocha squash with pickled cherry, curry, and ricotta salata, or white beans in mole broth, or salmon with blackberry molasses vinegar and fermented chilies, all inventive and delicious enough for Eater to name lou to its list of “The Hottest Restaurants in Nashville Right Now, November 2019.” The environment couldn’t be homier either…as it is occupying what once was a private home, now redone French bistro-style with caned chairs, floral arrangements, and vintage wallpaper. We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Weger will be on hand to answer your questions and discuss her vision, her food loves, and the challenges of restaurant ownership.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Originally from CA, Chef Weger stared out in the fashion industry, turning to a life of cooking after an inspirational trip to France. She graduated from the Culinary Institute of San Diego, soon after cutting her teeth at Herbsaint in New Orleans, as well as LA's celebrated Gjelina, Gjusta and Tender Greens restaurants. After settling in Nashville, she finally opened lou in September 2019.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Assortment of Bites
charred folk bread with olive oil and aleppo | lomo and fresh cheese | pickled and fermented vegetables
Trio of Vegetables
herbed greens with turmeric vin and sumac | marinated beets with horseradish creme fraiche | bonita sweet potato with za'atar oil and lemon butter
Toasted Pearl Couscous
with castelveltrano olives and oven roasted tomatoes
Slow Cooked Lamb Shank
with pine yogurt and pomegranate molasses
Key West Pink Shrimp
with citrus salsa verde and meyer lemon
Burnt Honey Fried Bread
with cardamom ice cream
1304 McGavock Pike
Nashville, TN 37216
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we may allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions can be accommodated at this event?
- The chef will be able to accommodate all major allergies and special diets at this event. Please make sure to Update Your Dietary Restrictions within your Account Info as soon as possible after purchasing tickets, or email us at [email protected]