6-Course Modern Scandinavian Dinner Event
Exciting news! Lost Larson, considered one of Chicago’s prime artisanal bakeries, introduced dinner service in March of this year. Chef-owner Bobby Schaffer has a baking background to die for, having led the pastry programs at some of the world’s best restaurants, including Blue Hill at Stone Barns in New York and the three-star Michelin Grace in Chicago. In 2018, when the beloved long-time Swedish Bakery shuttered in the Andersonville neighborhood, Schaffer decided that this was the perfect place for him to open a new bakery, given his own Swedish roots. He and his sister Bree traveled to Sweden to develop their repertoire of limpa loaves, sweet cardamom buns, and Swedish princess cake. Now, for their dinner menu, they have added a marvelous smorgasbord of cheeses, patés, smoked fish spreads, intriguing salads, open-faced sandwiches, pasta, main course fish dishes, and, of course, Swedish meatballs. We will be taking over the restaurant for this event, and Chef Schaffer will be on hand to take your questions and share his enthusiasm for the often-overlooked cuisine of Scandinavia.
About the Host:
Executive Chef & Owner
Bobby Schaffer is the chef and owner of Lost Larson. Schaffer has led the pastry programs for some of the world’s best restaurants, most notably Blue Hill at Stone Barns in New York and three star Michelin restaurant Grace, in Chicago. He opened Lost Larson in 2018, flexing his considerable cooking skills with a new dinner menu starting in March, 2019.
All savory courses will be served family-style. Dessert will be portioned individually.
Duo of Smørrebrød
shrimp, egg and dill | caponata, ricotta salata, and greens
with golden raisins, almonds, and artichoke puree
Harbison Cheese Tart
with fermented blueberry
Pork Cheek Raviolo
with egg and ricotta
with wax beans, capers, anchovy, and pine nuts
with vanilla sponge cake and basil
5318 N Clark St
Chicago, IL 60640
- Do I have to bring printed tickets to the event?
- No tickets are needed.
- What can/can't I bring to the event?
- Please bring your ID as well as cash if you plan on purchasing beverages.
- Are there ID requirements or an age limit to attend?
- Yes. ID is required and you must be 21+ to attend.
- What is the event ticket cancellation/refund policy?
- Tickets to our events are non-refundable. However, for first-time emergency requests, we allow members to transfer their tickets to friends, provided the guest ticket surcharge of $25 is paid when transferring a member ticket to a non-member. All ticket transfer requests must be emailed to us prior to the event and the guest ticket surcharge of $25 must be paid prior to the event. Guests who have not paid the guest ticket surcharge will not be allowed entry.
- What does the ticket price cover?
- The ticket price covers the full cost of the meal.
- Can I bring guests/non-members to this event?
- Yep! For this event, guest tickets are $70 + tax & tip, and you can bring up to 3 guests. Please note, guests are not allowed to attend unaccompanied by a member.
- What dietary restrictions/food allergies can be accommodated at this event?
- At this event we will be able to accommodate all dietary restrictions and food allergies. Just make sure to update your dietary restrictions within your Account Info before or after you purchase tickets, or email us at [email protected] after you purchase tickets to let us know what your allergies/restrictions are so we can give the chef a heads up.